Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm just watching some TV since there was some bad weather today and I couldn't ride and Orange County Choppers comes on... well near the end of the episode Paullie and Vinny go out for some snowmobiling, but to my amazement they had on FULL gear, helmets, gloves, full suits. Now I know most of this was due to the temperature but how is it that these guys go from cruisin on their choppers with next to nothing on to being safe snowmobiling? What do you guys think? :cool:

*disclaimer* I do like these guys and have respect for their building skills but it's just ironic to me

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
All I can think of is that if they we're riding snowmobiles in the snow, if was probably very cold...And at the speeds a snowmobile is capable of, I imagine frostbite can set in rather quickly...A common skier gets completely bundled up in fear of being too cold, so I can imagine that's the reasoning for them doing it, too...

·
Registered
95 Posts
when you crusing on a chopper it really doesnt have a danger feel to it
but on a snowmobile you a trying to have fun going really fast trying dumbshit
to have fun and wear gear isnt bad when crusing it just not really a must it is just a enjoyable ride i think

·
Registered
290 Posts
harrozippo said:
Q-How is it that these guys go from cruisin on their choppers with next to nothing on to being safe snowmobiling?

A-Orange County Choppers
pretty simple

·
Registered
304 Posts
harrozippo said:
*disclaimer* I do like these guys and have respect for their building skills but it's just ironic to me
They have building skills like a elementary school kid with Lincoln Logs has construction skills. They're ASSEMBLERS, at least the Teutels are.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
sketch said:
when you crusing on a chopper it really doesnt have a danger feel to it
but on a snowmobile you a trying to have fun going really fast trying dumbshit
to have fun and wear gear isnt bad when crusing it just not really a must it is just a enjoyable ride i think
might not have the feel but it's still there....and even moreso, becuase of the cager traffic, unlike snowboarding or snowmobiling(not that i know to much about either) :lol

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I am a avid snowmobiler and put on quite a few miles each year...there is no way in hell you would be able to last out there without gear...imagine this...hop on your bike without gear and head down the highway when its 15 degrees outside and let me know how long you would last with just a jacket on....not very long :cool: ...unless your insane!!! I always ride with full gear on...its the only way to do it....in all of the time I have been snowmobiling I have only seen two clowns without helmets on when riding the trails. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am picturing a custom eagle paint job on that sled. The nose on that thing looks like a beak already and the lights the eyes. Nice sled.

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
RACER X said:
might not have the feel but it's still there....and even moreso, becuase of the cager traffic, unlike snowboarding or snowmobiling(not that i know to much about either) :lol
Whats a matter Racer X, don't get alot of snow down there in Texas? :twofinger :lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hell I live in Texas too and last time I saw snow was when I was back home in Canada, Texas gets ice not snow it sucks!

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Hey now... San Antonio got a little bit of snow, last year... For one night.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
couldn't live away from the snow....I am addicted to snowmobiling...its like riding a bike but without speed limits and cops :leghump

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Hell Ya thats a killer lookin sled!! Being in Hawaii and only rode my cousins Seadoo race sled some 10 years ago they have changed!
My cousins was a factory racer he was a team rider for a few years then he got married..... end of story LOL That thing sure hauled ass tho fekkin scared the shit outta me easily hit 100 in a heartbeat reminded me of riding my old Kawasaki Z-1 that I had back then. It was a rocket...
Can only imagain what the new sleds are like.... :)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
Hell Ya thats a killer lookin sled!! Being in Hawaii and only rode my cousins Seadoo race sled some 10 years ago they have changed!
My cousins was a factory racer he was a team rider for a few years then he got married..... end of story LOL That thing sure hauled ass tho fekkin scared the shit outta me easily hit 100 in a heartbeat reminded me of riding my old Kawasaki Z-1 that I had back then. It was a rocket...
Can only imagain what the new sleds are like.... :)

My sled pictured is 140HP and weighs in at 465 lbs...hits a 100 quick and will stand straight up and down doing it :lol :lol Its alot of fun :leghump

·
Registered
32 Posts
harrozippo said:
I do like these guys and have respect for their building skills but it's just ironic to me
what building skills they build nothing just decorate like a christmass tree they add ornamental crap.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
REDVFR said:
My sled pictured is 140HP and weighs in at 465 lbs...hits a 100 quick and will stand straight up and down doing it :lol :lol Its alot of fun :leghump

that kicks ass! ride my friends raptor and predator down here! that kicks ass too! :twofinger

1 - 20 of 20 Posts