Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the Oxtar TCS boots have caught my attention. There are the Evo Ti, and the TCS sports. I'm still a newbie so these boots may be overkill for me since I'm not anywhere close to hitting a track soon, though I would like to get up to that level one day. But I figure it's better to be overprepared than underprepared.

Anyhow, would it be worth paying the extra $40-50 for the Evo Ti? The TCS Sports already have a lot of great features. It seems like a big sell point of the Evo is the titanium sliders. I don't plan to lean that far just yet, so I probably won't be using that feature anytime soon.

Just wondering if people think I should shell out the extra for the Evo.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
38 Posts
i think the only difference is the titanium. i didn't think it was worth it, so i just bought the TCS. no regrets. titanium sliders are also illegal at most trackdays, just in case you ever wanted to go that way.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. By the way, how are the TCS Sports for walking around in? I don't plan to walk for hours on end, but I would like to be able to walk around briefly when stopped...such as at a mall, or stopping at a restaurant.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
The EVo Ti's also have the MCS toe joint hinge, that the basic TCS's do not. The TCS's compensate for that with a more rigid sole, and the TCS's have the older, smaller version of the TCS backbone for ankle protection. The EVo Tis are a more protective, albeit more expensive option, and they won't know if you are on the track at 65mph or not, unless you tell them.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If you have the extra money, get the Ti. I have the TCS sport and they are freggin awesome, but the Ti is better because of the metatorsal system and the second gen TCS system. The TCS sports are still very comfortable and I wear them everywhere, from the grocery store to local bike meets and also to work. But, if you can afford it, the Ti does offer slightly better protection. They also don't look like a race boot once your jeans are pulled over them anyway. The only thing that gives it away is the toe slider, which can be removed anyway if you don't think you'll need it.

Oh, and for the remark about the titanium bot being legal on most tracks(which is for a good reason, they don't want you gouging the surface of the track) just get a pair of the regular replacement sliders for the TCS Sport, they'll work on the Ti and will keep you legal at the track.

I'll be writing up a review on the TCS Sports here in the next day or so, so look for that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Camride said:
If you have the extra money, get the Ti. I have the TCS sport and they are freggin awesome, but the Ti is better because of the metatorsal system and the second gen TCS system. The TCS sports are still very comfortable and I wear them everywhere, from the grocery store to local bike meets and also to work. But, if you can afford it, the Ti does offer slightly better protection. They also don't look like a race boot once your jeans are pulled over them anyway. The only thing that gives it away is the toe slider, which can be removed anyway if you don't think you'll need it.

Oh, and for the remark about the titanium bot being legal on most tracks(which is for a good reason, they don't want you gouging the surface of the track) just get a pair of the regular replacement sliders for the TCS Sport, they'll work on the Ti and will keep you legal at the track.

I'll be writing up a review on the TCS Sports here in the next day or so, so look for that.

This doesn't make sense to me..I've been told from my track clubs and racing organizations the reason they don't allow it is because of excessive sparks. For the same reason, you are not allowed to have Titanium or Magnesium knee pucks. I've been behind a guy at a racetrack trying to take him on an inside turn and all of a sudden I see sparks flying from his knees - scared the crap out of me.

Likewise if 'gouging the racetrack' was an issue, then wouldn't they just ban motorcycles in general? (at least the ones made of metal?):confused:

And yes - the difference between the TCS sport and TCS EVO Ti is the Metatarsal protection system.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the TCS and they are real nice. They do creak a lot, but just spray silicon lubricant and it goes away. I do find them a bit narrow, but I have wide feet so most boots are that way for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts