Sport Bikes banner

161 - 180 of 191 Posts

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
Well, damn. I wish I'd been through here earlier...

What damage did the tire have? Did it have a puncture or a cut? What was the location on the tire? You may be able to salvage it as a spare, depending on the condition.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It turns out the tire had a car weight on it, hooked under the rim, and it was letting air out. They glued motorcycle weights onto the rim on the outside, filled it back up, and it's holding air fine now. I bought the new tire they ordered for $70 to keep as a spare.

It was unbelievable riding the bike again... it must've been extremely low on air since the day I bought it, because it rides so much differently now. It used to be so much more difficult to move the handlebars and I was always nervous leaning into turns... now I'm nervous because it's so much more responsive ha. I'm keeping an air pressure gauge under my seat from now on.

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
It turns out the tire had a car weight on it, hooked under the rim, and it was letting air out. They glued motorcycle weights onto the rim on the outside, filled it back up, and it's holding air fine now. I bought the new tire they ordered for $70 to keep as a spare.

It was unbelievable riding the bike again... it must've been extremely low on air since the day I bought it, because it rides so much differently now. It used to be so much more difficult to move the handlebars and I was always nervous leaning into turns... now I'm nervous because it's so much more responsive ha. I'm keeping an air pressure gauge under my seat from now on.
Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as first thought. That is Hyo's normal routine for installing wheel weights. Unfortunately, someone managed to screw it up this time.

Yeah, tire pressure is a very big factor in a bike's handling. The pressures were off on mine when I first rode it home. It also suffered from the same resistance to rider inputs. I went over the bike before I took it out for my first ride, resetting both the front and rear tire pressures, and it was an incredible "night-and-day" difference. Initial worry turned into joy...

:beer

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is it hard to adjust the rear shock absorber? I think the guy who sold it to me said he had the bike on a setting that made it as high up as possible... he was about 6'2". I'm 5'8" and I can put my feet down flat but when my bike is parked on a decline and I have to try to roll it up the little hill backwards I'm on my toes and it's tough. I'd like to at least put it back to stock height. I noticed there's little notches on the top of the shock at different levels. Is it the lower the level, the higher the ride? How many height levels are there, 3? 4? 5?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Is it hard to adjust the rear shock absorber? I think the guy who sold it to me said he had the bike on a setting that made it as high up as possible... he was about 6'2". I'm 5'8" and I can put my feet down flat but when my bike is parked on a decline and I have to try to roll it up the little hill backwards I'm on my toes and it's tough. I'd like to at least put it back to stock height. I noticed there's little notches on the top of the shock at different levels. Is it the lower the level, the higher the ride? How many height levels are there, 3? 4? 5?

it's easy. I'm the same height as you. I put it all the way the other direction. helped alot. there should be a tool for it under the pasenger seat.

·
Registered
148 Posts
it's all in the manual that is also located under the passenger seat. I've got to bail but when I get back I can scan the manual direction incase you don't have them. i'll also scan the tools too.
Okay the 250 manual doesn't have it but the 650 manual does. I downloaded the 650 manual from the Hyosung website. I hope they're the same. I'll go check it out. Thanks bro.

EDIT: I checked both manuals and my toolkit. It turns out the 250 doesn't come with the clamp wrench or clamp wrench handle in the tool bag, only the 650 does. This sucks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Okay the 250 manual doesn't have it but the 650 manual does. I downloaded the 650 manual from the Hyosung website. I hope they're the same. I'll go check it out. Thanks bro.

EDIT: I checked both manuals and my toolkit. It turns out the 250 doesn't come with the clamp wrench or clamp wrench handle in the tool bag, only the 650 does. This sucks.
yet again the 650 show why it's superior :neener

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got a carbon fiber tank pad and put the stock exhaust back on. The backfiring at 5k rpms was annoying the crap out me, and my roommate kept telling me the screaming demon exhaust made my bike sound like a lawn mower.

Having some fun in my apartment complex parking lot...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oh yeah, question...

I was at the dealership sitting on bikes, and a guy that worked there said my chain needed to be recleaned and relubed. He said the rollers were too shiny and they should look black from the grease, otherwise I'll get metal on metal rubbing. I've only cleaned the chain once since I've bought it. I used kerosene and Liquid Wrench Cycle Chain Lube. Should I be using a different kind of lube?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I got a carbon fiber tank pad and put the stock exhaust back on. The backfiring at 5k rpms was annoying the crap out me, and my roommate kept telling me the screaming demon exhaust made my bike sound like a lawn mower.
that's good that you switched back to the stock pipe. the screaming demon pipe is a high flow pipe. you're bike was running lean for the time you had it on the bike. nothing bad if you're temps were ok. but you'll need a jetkit and get it rejetted to add more fuel to go with the extra air flow.

BTW you're hyo looks sweet

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to this thread. Bought a used 08 250 as a first bike but I'm thinking about keeping it as it serves its purpose. I just started added parts to it and put a video on youtube check it out.

YouTube - Movie

·
The Chosen One
1,030 Posts
i have a friend with a kick ass customized hyosung cruiser. im going to try and find pics and post them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all...
Just did a search for Hyosung - seems I'm not the only one who rides one! I have a 2007 GT650R - goes like a bomb... i'm pretty sure you guys know about korider.net - a site dedicated to Hyo's?

161 - 180 of 191 Posts