Sport Bikes banner

181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im going to try to start posting here more but im chimeing in as we speak a hyosung gt250r owner with a down payment on a gt650r

i think i have pics up somewhere on the site of the 250 its a great bike just looking to get a bit more out of it so tradeing up : ) or down depending on your views... my 250 has 41xx miles its an 08 the one im buying is an 06 with 1 mile... down in years better milage

i plan on keeping the 650 untill i find enough cash for "the dream" i.e. 05 M V Agusta 750 gotta love the style and single side swingarm!?!?!outstandsing

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up an 06 GT650R and am having lots of fun on it.
It's a great torquey counter-point to my other bike, a kawa inline four screamer.

I previously put 20K on an early GT650 naked, then that motor broke an exhaust valve at top speed out on a fast ride.
Hyo sent me a new motor, but that one broke an intake valve right after the break-in!!!
They didn't give me a second motor, so I re-built the head and sold the bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I guess I'll post up (even though I've been posting in the n00b section in the Hyosung 250 thread). Bought a 2010 GT250R towards the beginning of August and am now due for the first service. Bike is a blast and have had no problems with it as of yet. Also gets a lot of comments and looks when it's parked. Which is great because hopefully drivers will continue to do the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Folks..........

I travel a lot, so it's taken me awhile to post. I bought a RED gt250r at the end of Nov. Then we got 10" of snow, then I went to Mississippi, then X-mas, then I went to Mexico..................... whew......... bottom line, 165 miles and counting! I can't wait till the break-in is over so I can really wind 'er up.
So far, not a single problem. I am a first-time rider and had considered the Ninja 250, 500, and 650, as well as the Suzuki GS500, and Harley sportster.

I am sooooooo glad I took my time and researched. I paid $3500 OTD, not much more than a new ninja 250..... BUT the HYO has 17 in wheels/tires, dual front rotors, a 150 in back, looks WAY COOLER:phatyo !!!!!! , roller cam, fuel guage, simple idle adjustment.................oh, and it looks WAY COOLER !!!!!! Plus, so far, I've yet to see another one on the streets of Tulsa, and I get compliments on the bike almost every time I stop somewhere.
It's cool to have a bike that is somewhat unique.:headbang

Factor in 100 bucks a year for full coverage insurance and the excellent gas mileage and dirt cheap price, and the HYO easily won over all the other bikes that I mentioned. Keep in mind I'm a first time rider. If I had experience and more money......... the Ninja 650 probably would have won.

This bike allows some one to try motorcycling at a low entry level cost to see if they will really like it. I am happy to report that so far, I LOVE THIS SPORT!!
When I outgrow the bike, I see no reason to sell it. I will keep it for a track bike if nothing else. I am looking forward some track time this spring.

I will post some pics soon............. she's a beauty!

Peace,
Ruben
i live in tulsa and i just picked up an 09' for 1800$ lets go cruise!!!!! pm me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hyosong owner in eugene, Oregon

New '07 hyosung GT650N owner, bought it at Cycle Parts in eugene, Oregon with less than 500 miles for $3k cash. really nice ride, gets lots of looks and comments, most of which aren't "isn't that one of those Chinese bikes?" not a lot of knowledge around here, the guy who owns the shop has been selling them since '04 so i trust his expertise on the bikes. This is the closest i have come to a new bike and the urge to mod is hard to quell. I bought a Keo vince slip on and a jet it, but really hate to tear into it. i tried the bike without the jetting and the pipe makes it run quite lean. wifey says either leave it stock or let the shop tune it in the spring, so thats what i will do. Also added a Givi fairing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 07' GT650N. I bought it not running and very cheap.!! I've gone completely through it since it had an electrical problem. Replaced the VRR with a FET type. It gets fuel tomorrow and a start test. It's a great looking naked! Pics to come

181 - 191 of 191 Posts