Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit of a repeat of an earlier thread, but I am curious to who can speak up as a owner of a Hyosung.
Is it only Robert & eighteenandIlikeit?
Lets hear another owner or two chime in here.
We know Robert is enjoying his 250. My kid(18) I can you tell is enjoying his.
I am enjoying 18's bike also as it, so far, is showing to be complete and dependable. No need to compare it to a $15,000 bike, but I would like to see a cross country jaunt(and more opinions) on one.
Unless there are only two sold in the US(lol), SPEAK UP!
:cheers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dealer here. I have several of 'em! :)

One of my employees bought our first GV650. She loves it! I took it on a 500 mile road trip. I really got addicted to it.

FTR- My last cruiser was a V-Max, and I currently still ride an Aprilia RSV Mille R.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello GoldenVelvet,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part Sportbikes.net forums now!
This seam as good a place as any to make that thing go away. Fresno is a great ride for me in the winter months. I may go up and check out these bikes.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Proud Owner of HYO GT250R

Hey Folks..........

I travel a lot, so it's taken me awhile to post. I bought a RED gt250r at the end of Nov. Then we got 10" of snow, then I went to Mississippi, then X-mas, then I went to Mexico..................... whew......... bottom line, 165 miles and counting! I can't wait till the break-in is over so I can really wind 'er up.
So far, not a single problem. I am a first-time rider and had considered the Ninja 250, 500, and 650, as well as the Suzuki GS500, and Harley sportster.

I am sooooooo glad I took my time and researched. I paid $3500 OTD, not much more than a new ninja 250..... BUT the HYO has 17 in wheels/tires, dual front rotors, a 150 in back, looks WAY COOLER:phatyo !!!!!! , roller cam, fuel guage, simple idle adjustment.................oh, and it looks WAY COOLER !!!!!! Plus, so far, I've yet to see another one on the streets of Tulsa, and I get compliments on the bike almost every time I stop somewhere.
It's cool to have a bike that is somewhat unique.:headbang

Factor in 100 bucks a year for full coverage insurance and the excellent gas mileage and dirt cheap price, and the HYO easily won over all the other bikes that I mentioned. Keep in mind I'm a first time rider. If I had experience and more money......... the Ninja 650 probably would have won.

This bike allows some one to try motorcycling at a low entry level cost to see if they will really like it. I am happy to report that so far, I LOVE THIS SPORT!!
When I outgrow the bike, I see no reason to sell it. I will keep it for a track bike if nothing else. I am looking forward some track time this spring.

I will post some pics soon............. she's a beauty!

Peace,
Ruben

·
Registered
243 Posts
Shifting........

I'm a newbie......... so my experience is limited, but the clutch and gear shift on my bike are like BUTTER..............

I've owned several manual transmission cars........... Porsche 944, Jeep Wrangler, Nissan sentra, VW GTI............ so I have experience shifting, in that regard. The HYO seems smooth, just my two cents.......:dblthumb

·
Registered
243 Posts
Exhaust Note.........

One more thing......... I don't know if this is the right thread...... if not, point me in the right direction.

What can I do to improve the exhaust note on the two-fiddy, both the volume and the sound of it? I realize there is not much performance to be gained, I just want a louder, better sounding exhaust.

Anyone know what's on the market. One of the locals thinks a Yoshi might bolt up. thanks in advance.

Peace,
Ruben

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Congrats on your bike Ruben! Give these guys a try, hyosung.biz
Ask for Matt. He is racing the 650 and there does seem to be a bit of crossover between the bikes. Hopefully he can lead you in the right direction. :cheers
So far my kid has purchased a FE, SS brake lines and EBC pads from them.
Parts are starting to show up...
Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is a Yoshi that fits... I'm still trying to track down the part number. It's not a US part. Also, Staintune has one.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey BadMojo/Mojo, check '98 Nings 600's. That is supposed to be the pipe that fits. I can't find the post that said that, or know for sure if its correct. If that is the case a bunch of pipes are gonna fit.
Are you a owner?

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Made this a sticky so new owners can post up :cheers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Maxxacceleration said:
Hey BadMojo/Mojo, check '98 Nings 600's. That is supposed to be the pipe that fits. I can't find the post that said that, or know for sure if its correct. If that is the case a bunch of pipes are gonna fit.
Are you a owner?
I own a Hyosung dealership.

I carry a whole list of exhausts for the 650, but as the 250 was released in the US much later, US PN's for the 250 exhausts haven't caught up yet. There are some available from Australia, like Staintune.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own a GT250 naked, I absolutely love the bike... the only thing i don't like as much is the speedo being primarily in KM w/ small MPH... but i can bear with it... It's very quick, quicker than the 250 ninja i trained on... And much more sexy...

My step dad also previously owned a GV250, which was a nice bike i rode it a few times, smooth shifting, comfortable seat... even before he got the custom seat done to match the bike... I was sad to see him part with it... But he wanted to move up to something a little b*****...

~Kyle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just picked up an 06 Gt650R. Won't get a chance to ride it for about a month or so due to some work, but can't wait to see if it will be good or not. Not gonna get rid of my other bike until proven. Hopefully it will be as enjoyable as it was on the test ride.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ErionJay said:
Just picked up an 06 Gt650R.
Way to go Jay! What color did you get?
Break 'er in good, check the bolts and keep an eye on the clutch adjustment and have at it! :)
My kid and I are riding all over the place!...(for winter time lol)

·
Registered
38 Posts
proud parent to be

Bike, parent that is. I don't own one yet but I'm very excited. I'm paying off a black 07 250R and will have it May 1!:banana I'm registering for my msf in a few weeks and pricing my gear as we speak. I'll let you know how it turns out. What have you liked/disliked specifically as a starting bike?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My opinion rsf, is the Hyo v-twin has soft, easy power. Thats my opinion on the 650. I would guess the 250 is even more so. I think they both get up and go too. I'm not advocating breaking speed limits for new(er) riders, but my kid says he's gone 108 on his 650(wait 'till I ring his neck lol :lao ) and I believe Robert Hunter says he topped 100 on the 250.
All the speed you'll need. :)
The biggest dislike(to me) is the big turning radius--you'll be dog paddling backwards doing U-turns in tight areas.
The biggest like is the looks. Hyosung nailed it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only two they had were red and yellow, so I went with the red one. The 250 has gotten some good reviews, but the 650 did receive some bad reviews overseas. Hopefully all the bugs were worked out before I picked it up. I did email my dealer and he seems more than confident in the bike and said he would be ready anytime I had a question or issue. Maxx, have you or your son done any research on taking out the 2nd AIS system. Not worried about it now, but it seems to fix a problem with exhaust popping on deceleration. So far Im very pleased with the bike with what little time Ive had it.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Pics of my ride........... Finally!

P2210078.JPG

·
Registered
243 Posts
1 - 20 of 191 Posts