Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bitch, its 105 out! Go get in your SUV and drive home with the AC on! I'm off to rush hour on surface streets and an assload of stoplights. Basically 30 minutes of someone pointing a giant hair drier at my body. Dry heat my ass, its fucking hot!

·
Registered
307 Posts
big_slacker said:
Bitch, its 105 out! Go get in your SUV and drive home with the AC on! I'm off to rush hour on surface streets and an assload of stoplights. Basically 30 minutes of someone pointing a giant hair drier at my body. Dry heat my ass, its fucking hot!
I feel your pain. I'm sick of hearing that dry heat crap here in Phoenix too. We hit 110 today. Stop and go traffic on the way home is a bitch.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every time its real hot here in vegas I think "It could be worse, I could be in phoenix!". Its always just a little hotter there. Heh heh.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'll ride in 20 degrees, but 110...how the F do you guys do it??? Obviously mesh..no? What about those caps and neck wraps that hold like a quart of water? I'd love to hear your tips, as the heat really bothers me.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I can ride in 95* in 95% humidity and not be hot, just sweaty. But if it's 45* or below... I can't hardly ride. I dunno what the hell's wrong with me.

I've said that a few times at work in the past couple weeks. Broke a couple of teenage boys in half because I made them weedwack in 95* heat. "But it's a dry heat" definitely came out of my mouth when I bitched at them. I was out in it too, little wooses. :lol

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Suprisingly little is needed unless you're going on a long trip. On my commute I just take off my tie and shirt and have a t-shirt under my mesh. My work pants are still on under my overpants. Maybe I'm just about as acclimated to the heat as you can be. I've never done the soaked clothing thing. Just drink water and have your helmet vents open.

As for FLA, whenever we bitch about our desert heat one of you swamp rats has to chime in. Make your own thread! :twofinger

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yeah 105 or 110 is hot no matter what the humidity is. It doesn't get that hot here in Mobile, but when it's 95 the heat index is usually about 105. At least we get some rain every once in a while to cool things down. Oh one more thing.... you even sweat here at night while it's only 70 due to the damn humidity.

·
Registered
14,573 Posts
to be fair I'm in cali now and it was 102 yesterday and yeah it was mother fn hot however this "dry heat " is much easier to deal with to me than and very very humid 95 degrees in the middle of a canadian summer that I have been used to for 29 years . That humid shit makes it almost impossible to breath , you wouldn't believe the death tolls every summer in Canada because of it

·
Registered
307 Posts
big_slacker said:
Suprisingly little is needed unless you're going on a long trip. On my commute I just take off my tie and shirt and have a t-shirt under my mesh. My work pants are still on under my overpants. Maybe I'm just about as acclimated to the heat as you can be. I've never done the soaked clothing thing. Just drink water and have your helmet vents open.

As for FLA, whenever we bitch about our desert heat one of you swamp rats has to chime in. Make your own thread! :twofinger

If it's over 105 I wear my Camelback. I find that as long as I have lots of water, I'm just fine. That and I wear a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket. I guess it's a good thing I've never experienced humidity of any kind. :twofinger Heaven knows Monsoon season never sees triple digit temps with 90% humidity.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Haha.. yeah humid head sucks.. Walk a few blocks in new orleans at 1am and you'll be sweating

·
Registered
371 Posts
bredebee said:
to be fair I'm in cali now and it was 102 yesterday and yeah it was mother fn hot however this "dry heat " is much easier to deal with to me than and very very humid 95 degrees in the middle of a canadian summer that I have been used to for 29 years . That humid shit makes it almost impossible to breath , you wouldn't believe the death tolls every summer in Canada because of it
Yea it was around that temp today too. I think I'll be waiting till fall to get my bike. That is, if I can contain the itch untill then.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
NTempleton said:
try 100 degrees in FL is my response, and compare it to 100 in Phoenix.
I would take 100 in Phoenix over 100 in Florida any day. I recently did 3 weeks in the Phoenix area when it was in the 100 range.......I overheard people crying about the humidty being almost 20%!!! WTF, try 75% at 95 degree and then you know what sweating feels like. Yesterday it was 95 in Indiana and I was wishing I was back in Arizona where IT WAS A DRY HEAT.

·
It's good to B-King
3,290 Posts
Hah. Come to ohio and snack on some of our 98 degree 100% humidity days. There is no cooling down - the sweat can't evaporate, so all you have is hot, wet wind blowing against you.

You all do realize that above 100 degrees, mesh won't keep you cool - it will actually heat you up since your body is now acting as a heat sink for the air.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Every few days someone asks me "Damn man you must be hot as hell in that".
But you know it's only bad while your sitting somewhere. I'll take being hot in my leathers over ground up skin any day.

I always did wounder what it would of been like to rode my bike while I was in Iraq or Qatar when it reached 140+ outside. Probably not too pleasent.

I admit though, some days the 90ish degree 90-100 percent humidity is worse then 120 in the desert.

·
It's good to B-King
3,290 Posts
foestauf said:
Every few days someone asks me "Damn man you must be hot as hell in that".
But you know it's only bad while your sitting somewhere. I'll take being hot in my leathers over ground up skin any day.

I always did wounder what it would of been like to rode my bike while I was in Iraq or Qatar when it reached 140+ outside. Probably not too pleasent.

I admit though, some days the 90ish degree 90-100 percent humidity is worse then 120 in the desert.
140 during the day? I think it's time to stay inside and ride at night.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts