Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got some sliders for my bike and after finally getting my fairings off it seems that i need to either find a totally different aftermarket overflow reservoir or ditch it completely.

so, i ask of SBN...how important is the reservoir? if it's that important, where would i look for a bizzarro world reservoir? if it's not that important, what do i do with the hoses and how do i adjust to it's loss?

thanks.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
unless you can maintain the temperature of you engine to within a few degrees at all times for the rest of its life an over flow reservoir is necesssary.

i find it hard to believe that you would have to move or remove the res. to put sliders on. there should be many folks on here with the same or similar bike who can advise you on the proper methods.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hmmm. that's kinda what i figured. bummer.

yeah, the frame/engine mount on the left side is right under the reservoir. the instructions are clear - either relocate or replace with aftermarket parts. relocating may be an option but i have no idea where i'd put it.

edit -

ok, i found this slider kit - Yoyodyne Frame Slider Kit - Kawasaki ZX6 - Fits 1999 to 2002 Models - KneeDraggers.com - and this associated part - Over Flow Tank for Kaw.

now, the reservoir on my bike is alot b***** and has 2 hoses attached. any ideas?

·
old member
13,079 Posts
There should be two hoses attached to the overflow reservoir:

Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop Motorcycle Kawasaki 2002 Ninja ZX-6R Radiator(1/2)

assuming this is the right model. One hose goes from the bottom of the reservoir to the top of the radiator for coolant to flow into the overflow reservoir when hot and back into the radiator when cooled down. The second hose from the top of the reservoir is for system overflow when the coolant gets really hot.

The size of the reservoir depends on the size of the radiator and coolant temperature range expected on your bike. That small reservoir with only one hose may be way too small plus has no means for too hot coolant to escape.

Find another slider solution.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dammit. this was supposed to be an easy project. just a few minutes with a dremel...

well, thanks guys. i'll look into relocating the reservoir. there's plenty of slack in the hoses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts