Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I was out at the Oakenfold concert yesterday and saw one of my friends who bought a brand new R6 at the beginning of the summer and of course he's talking smack about how his bike is so much faster than my lowly 600r.

I then told him that his bike is no faster than my bike on the street except in a straight line. He looked at me like I was on drugs and told me we'll have to run out to Holy Hill sometime. I said I was down with that.

I don't understand why people think that having a faster bike- be it a litrebike or a new 600 makes them any faster in the corners. I'm sure someone on a "slower" 500 with years more experience than either of us would smoke us both. We both started riding about a year ago- I had my Bandit until I got my 600r 2 months and 1300 miles ago, he had some 1970s cruiser and now has his R6 which is piped.

Even though I think he's being extremely overconfident and I think I would have no problems following him on the street now I have to be careful not to get too overconfident and just ride to my ability:)

I don't think he's a member but this ones for you Matt :bananafu:

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
It'll catch up with him pretty soon. What you think of that show by the way? I was down there and I thought it was pretty damn good, I had a lot of fun.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Captal said:
So when I was out at the Oakenfold concert yesterday and saw one of my friends who bought a brand new R6 at the beginning of the summer and of course he's talking smack about how his bike is so much faster than my lowly 600r. ...
Paul Oakenfold. Was playing in Milwaukee last night.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mentioned in one of the other threads that Oakenfold was pretty good but I wasn't impressed by Felix. I was digging the video effects that Oakenfold had.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
He better watch himself. Riding with an ego like that is going to get him hurt.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
A b***** bike doesn't make a faster rider, a better rider makes a faster bike.
I have smoked big egos on R1's with my 954. Keep a cool head and watch out for him! When he sees you smokein his ass he is going to lose his mind and concentration.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Eventualy this won't bother you because instead of saying a friend told me...you will just say... some asshole told me...Retards are Retards no matter how well you know them...

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Friends are expendable.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jokertlr said:
Eventualy this won't bother you because instead of saying a friend told me...you will just say... some asshole told me...Retards are Retards no matter how well you know them...
Bingo. He stopped being a friend years ago- he's one of those people that's cool when you're alone, but once he gets in front of anyone else he has to prove how awesome he is like he's 6 years old.

In fact, when Brian and I were taking those ladies for a ride Friday night he happened to be driving a car with someone else. He leans over to say out the driver window- "what are you doing." I say- "taking these ladies for a ride." He says "why would you ever want to ride with him- I've got an R6- come to my place and ride a real bike." What a dick- I left him a message telling him to save that crap for when we're alone or with other bikers. Everything is always about him and his toys and all he ever talks about is the crap he's bought. Complete and utter materialist to the core.

I don't think he does so well with the ladies...
:blowingup

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Thats why being a chick on a bike is awesome....no one ever says shit like that to you, they are just stoked you are a chick on a bike.

There is this asshole at work that saw me stall my bike once - big fucking deal - and he keeps bringing it up over and over again, and wednesday I rode up to kickball and he said something ghey again and I just said "Fuck you asshole, you can't even drive stick you piece of shit so shut the fuck up" so then everyone busted out laughing and making fun of him all night for not knowing how to drive a 5 speed car......He doesn't bring it up any more....hehehe....dumb people that always have to put others down to make them selves look better can just bite me.

Cj

1 - 15 of 15 Posts