Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok before i start i give everyone permission to call me a dumbass. i decided the other day after a few of my friends made fun of me for being pasty white that i was going to try a tanning salon. so i went in yesterday, asked a bunch of questions and decided i would give it a shot today after work. well i started off on what is considered the beginner tanning bed. it is apparently for a 20 minutes session. well towards the end of the session my butt started to feel really hot and it felt burnt. i didn't think much of it as i was laying on some hot ass lights and i figured it was just from laying in one position for that long, well of course i get home tonight and inspect the progression, ever portion of my backside that actually touched the plate you lay on is bright pink and my tush hurts really bad when i sit on it now.

anyone have experience with this, does it stop happening after you go so many times? is this normal? am i stupid? should i try laying on my stomach? any input is appreciated.

·
Official Forum Killjoy
3,642 Posts
:needpics

Sorry I just coulnt resist :D

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
first off. OOWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE, ive had it happen. Go get Vera gel, maybe even Noxzema cream and use alot of it. and I'm gonna tell you something, stay pasty white, cuz when you and all your friends hit my age, you'll look young a pretty, your tanning friends will look like catchers mits. Stay out of the sun. It's so ikk poo for you!

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
You went too long for your first visit Madkat. You should have went 8-12 minutes max. Use a lot of aloe vera as mentioned.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Ouch you poor thing!! No it's not normal to burn...they steered you wrong :mad For a first timer it should have been more like 5 minutes soooo you are not dumb....they are!!!

Aloe is your best bet to soothe those burns. Solorcane works well too--keep that skin very moist all the time especially when you get out of the shower, don't dry off, put on the aloe etc.

Don't be going back until your burns have healed and start at 5 minutes and then gradually move up.....that's if you even decide to go back.

Don't be so hard on yourself madcat....you are not at fault here!!!!! <wink>

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Z say's you over did it and should have topped off at like 8 min, to start w/.

keep an eye on it cuz you could actually have like 2nd degree burns.....but we'd have to see to diagnose the problem further.......:p

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
^^^

Yah, definitely keep an eye on it. If it hurts for a few days, you might want to think about seeing a doctor, because like X said, you might have some second degree burns.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
One hell of a spot to get a burn.

Not much you can really do for it except for the aloe frequently. gotta let time heal your wounds.

But I do recall you saying you were an EMT at one time so I am sure you can take care of yourself.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Japbike n Sixxy are pointing you in the right direction. cept they coded the name LOL try to find Aloe Vera. You want the actual plant if any can be found in a nursery close to you. It can be gotten around the world now but it originated here it's believed.
Ancient Hawaiians used it for just about everything. It looks like this -->

Aloe is a specie of Hawaiian Cactus that has this green gooey goop in it that is a miracle worker when it comes to burns. It smells bad but does wonders for burns. I speak from experience, I had molten lead pour out of a melting pot on my leg and it instantly stuck and covered like half of my right leg... getting it off wasn't too bad, the skin was so blistered it pretty much fell of and I smeared Aloe on it and in less than 2 weeks it was completely healed! No scar nothing and it was a huge 3rd degree burn!
Initially ice is best bet but thats only like immediately after a burn., just to stop further damage since a burn slowly spreads...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thank you all for the replies, i know all about treating the burns, i just wasn't sure what the hell i did wrong. oh and this is the only pic you guys are getting (yes my ass is this red right now) :spank

have huge aloe plants in my front yard so that isn't a problem and i can barely take a shower so i don't think i'm gonna go be a piece of bacon to some overgrown frying machine for a little while.

all i have to say after 12 hours of having this burn is damn my ass hurts when i sit down. i'm not sure why some parts burned more than others though. it looks really strange. i paid for a month so maybe in a week i will go back and do a few minutes (no way am i doing 20 minutes again) but after the month, screw that, you people that fry in those things are crazy :fot sorry that smile is great, not that it fits this thread but it made me laugh :spank

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IllKneeGrow said:
But I do recall you saying you were an EMT at one time so I am sure you can take care of yourself.
and you sir are correct :) :spank (new sig smilie until i heal)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
madkat said:
i'm not sure why some parts burned more than others though.
The skin on your butt is more sensitive than the most of the other skin on your body, and it's not really a spot that sees light often so it's not used to the effects of the sun.

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
ive never gone tanning and even i thought 20 minutes was a bit long....

but, we definately need pics to further evaluate the situation... its for your own good.... hahhaa

·
Registered
22 Posts
Similer experience except I was smart enough to cover some precious parts of the anatomy with small towel. I never fake n bake but my g/f worked at a salon and i had to wait a bit for her so she threw me into a 12min intermediate (whatever that means) session. Seeing that a few spots never saw the sun I thought to cover up a bit. Problem was I didn't realize i was sitting on a bit of the towel so when i was done I had a white square in the middle of my ass and the rest was scorched... let me tell ya it was a lesson learnt...at least the jewels were protected. :flamed

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
^^^ LOLz, my sister once drank a bit too much and passed out in our back yard by the pool. She slept in the sun with her hand on her stomach for a bit over 1 hour! She hadn't been in the sun in ages so she got the treatment... Blindin red and a big white hand print on her belly !!! It was funny but within 2 days she was a mass of blisters and looked bad... It took 3-4 weeks to heal up but that hand print was there for a lot longer! :D :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
update: still alive, i haven't dried out yet however as the days progress, some burns seem to be hurting more. i have to say i may call it quits with this salon, i don't think highly of getting told incorrect info. oh and it teaches me not to take advise from some blonde bronzed wanna be beauty queen who is probably still in high school.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
madkat said:
update: still alive, i haven't dried out yet however as the days progress, some burns seem to be hurting more. i have to say i may call it quits with this salon, i don't think highly of getting told incorrect info. oh and it teaches me not to take advise from some blonde bronzed wanna be beauty queen who is probably still in high school.
That is like taking advise from that gal at McDonalds!!

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
..Hay MK!! If I were you I'd march right back in there, and show em yer :spank and Demand yer money back/and threaten em with action if they get uppity. They sound like they need a good scare to stop em from hurting other good peeps like yerself! Take Care!! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts