Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
When are you going to come over to the darkside Wavex, bud there's people over there that would love to see this sort of abomination.

·
The Flying Finn
2,594 Posts
No rear brake lever, no clutch lever... I do like the fact that the overall profile is somewhat like the old non-faired race bikes (just a set of clipons out in front of the tank)...

I don't think turbo's have any place on a bike though... positive displacement superchargers, SURE! :D

:edit Also, exposed timing belts!?! No thanks! And I'm not so sure there's a turbo... the pipes go into an awful Y-pipe, then go into what looks like a 2 chamber muffler of sorts. There would have to be large intake piping going into and out of that for it to be a turbo... the carbon fibre scoops on the wide of the bike look like "ram air" scoops.

·
Sidehacker Extraordinaire
2,305 Posts
The rear brake doesn't look like there's a line going to it? Oh and it floats; no kickstand.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Despite all of it's faults, gotta give the dude some serious kudos for the artwork, that is some wicked CG rendering.

·
The Flying Finn
2,594 Posts
Despite all of it's faults, gotta give the dude some serious kudos for the artwork, that is some wicked CG rendering.
+1, it's a nice mock-up

Another thing I noticed: It looks like the front end has a system where the rear point is fixed, and the front pushes up on the suspension. The torque multiplying action of that lever would put a LOT of stress on the actuators going from the front carrier to the shock itself. I'm not convinced that would fit the needs, and I'd be more inclined to put a "normal" front fork on it...

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
No rear brake lever, no clutch lever... I do like the fact that the overall profile is somewhat like the old non-faired race bikes (just a set of clipons out in front of the tank)...

I don't think turbo's have any place on a bike though...

How so? There have been some nice aftermarket turbo systems for certain bikes. Just not inexpensive ones...

:edit Also, exposed timing belts!?! No thanks! And I'm not so sure there's a turbo... the pipes go into an awful Y-pipe, then go into what looks like a 2 chamber muffler of sorts. There would have to be large intake piping going into and out of that for it to be a turbo... the carbon fibre scoops on the wide of the bike look like "ram air" scoops.
I don't know. I have ridden my Ducati, with my cam belt covers off. It is an interesting look.

·
I dunno
3,784 Posts
that looks like somebody made a cafe racer out of on old panhead

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
looks awesome. it is missing some intake pluming for the turbo too, and i assume you wear the heat shielding on your leg.. but whatever.

·
The Flying Finn
2,594 Posts
How so? There have been some nice aftermarket turbo systems for certain bikes. Just not inexpensive ones...
Unless the a/r ratio is really well planned/designed for the application, you're either going to get very little boost, or a really laggy turbo. Even .4 of a second is too much lag to me on a bike...

I've always been a big fan of lysholm superchargers for high boost. They're still a positive displacement blower (ie. roots style, instead of centrifugal) but the lobes are tapered and it has internal compression. They're more efficient than a roots blower once you pass around 13 psi...

I would rather have the linear throttle response of a blown engine than even a bit of turbo lag. Of course I'm thinking about a fast bike to begin with, my thoughts are all throw out the window if we talk about bikes that have larger displacement, and less specific output than your typical SS bike.

·
Love my Naked FZ6
518 Posts
There's a bike for Jay Leno. A bike to be ridden once, maybe twice and spend the rest of its days in a garage. People who have 80K to pay for the bike, usually don't ride em.

·
Another day lived!
2,288 Posts
I think it looks cool. I wouldn't want to ride it around for long though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
they are both hot bikes and i would ride them no worries :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts