Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i actually live near skaggs, but i havent been out on the road yet. i just moved down here a little while ago.

and i was raised near orick, ca as well! what roads did you find up there?

·
Banned
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have planned a 2 day ride (will be 3 days at least). I found a couch to sleep on in the Orick area, but now want to find a place near Skaggs.

I don't want to spring for a hotel room for 2 nights, lol...cheap bastard!

So far it is something like 1000 miles in 2 days. I am looking closer to 1400-1500 miles total.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i live in rohnert park, which is about 1/2 an hour south of cloverdale, near the exit for skaggs road. from the 101 (entrance) it probably would take close to an hour to get to the ocean, but ive heard the ride is SWEET!

when are you planning on comin out here? shoot me a pm, it'd be fun to join you....

also, i just looked at a map for orick. i think bald hill road is what you are after. never been up there, but the road looks killer....

·
Banned
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is what I have for the two days, which might end up stretching into the three days. It depends on the amount of riders that come with me (if any) and what I'll have to strap to the bike. I have every intention for the pace to be spirited and don't want to be weighed down. That's part of the reason I was/am looking for people near those areas. Theoretically we could do a loop going North, West, South, East dropping you off somewhere in the East part of it then I would be able to head south again. This would mean I would skip Skaggs on Day 2 which isn't bad.

Timeline is sometime in May I hope. Maybe 3 weeks from now (Fri-Sun)

Day 1

Day 2

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
as far as riding goes, highway 101 is nothing spectacular at all. i was born in Eureka and am familiar with all those maps. some of those roads are better than others (im talking potholes, dirt roads, etc)

riding up 1 would be cool.

on your 2nd day itinerary, at markder 26 near Boonville there is a road that goes out to the coast called Mountain View road. it goes out to the ocean, where it connects to highway 1. Highway 1 then connects to Skaggs. if you want, i can meet you in ukiah where the exit to boonville is. then we can make a loop that would put us right back on highway 101 south. that may be a few too many miles for you tho, but just something to think about.....

from ukiah on 101 to manchester (on the ocean, highway 1) to stewarts point on highway 1 (near skaggs) back to geyserville on the 101, is about 120 miles.

i know of a few other people on here that live near me. maybe we can all do this little loop, it would be super fun.....

·
Banned
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I'll definitely keep you updated.

Their is a small amount of slabbing here and there only because of road locations. I still haven't figured about gas yet. Hope that won't become an issue :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts