Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many of you here are organ donors? I don't mean it in the sense that "every motorcyclist is a pending organ donor", I mean who actually has a pink dot (or whatever) on your license designating you as an organ donor? Just curious....and yes, I'm a designated organ donor on my license.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Haven't donated anything yet.....

But, yes I do have the donor tag on my I.D.

·
ok, who farted?
559 Posts
i've never understood why someone would not want to be an organ donor? i mean if you are dead, what are you going to do with your organs? you're not gonna use them any longer, so why not let someone that does need them use them?!

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Better question...Who knows that those cards are pretty much useless?

Sorry, but I couldn't find a nice way to say that...

·
Registered
691 Posts
BuRn__ said:
how do u go about doin it? i wouldnt mind helpin some1 else out if i go down
In PA you just register with the dmv. I would imagine it is similar in other states.

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big15 said:
In PA you just register with the dmv. I would imagine it is similar in other states.
+1. Plus, when I go for my annual Physical Health Assessment, I let my physician know I'm an organ donor and they put that in my records.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You need to let your closest family member know of your wishes, because there the ones that have to sign the consent form. If they don't sign the consent form your keeping everything.

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bama392 said:
You need to let your closest family member know of your wishes, because there the ones that have to sign the consent form. If they don't sign the consent form your keeping everything.
Very true. My Will says I'm to be cremated, and my Mom is NOT my executor (she'd never pull the plug from the respirator), so'z I had to tell my uncle (the executor) that they can farm out my parts before they make me extra crispy and put me in a nice fish bowl. I just don't want to donate my entire body and end up in a lab on a college campus :eek:

·
Registered
981 Posts
imma have to look into this. what am i gonna do with my stuff when im gone. granted my arteries will be clogged with yellow gold, but thats beside the point :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yup Im an organ donor. I just dont want them takeing my eyes or using my body whole. Although that usually only happens if the person wrote it into their will.

·
Registered
401 Posts
oscarcolumbo said:
i've never understood why someone would not want to be an organ donor? i mean if you are dead, what are you going to do with your organs? you're not gonna use them any longer, so why not let someone that does need them use them?!

I think the same way. Thats why I am an organ donor.

·
Registered
765 Posts
A poll would have been a good option for this Topic. :twofinger

Yes, I too am a 'donor', BUT your wife or family member has the final say after you die (regardless of what you have signed up for).

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I have my ornage dot on my license. Also my family knows that if any thing happens to me, that everything that can be used, will be given. I also have a "living will" and a DNR.. :D Lucky I got that one before the "age limit" restrictions.. My old lawyer rawks..:lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts