Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the Akra carbon slip-on today. Parts411 has been easy to work with so far.

I'll keep ya posted and try to get a camera to post pics once I get/install it on wednesday.

:beer

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Nice :phatyo

Thats what im picking up.....as soon as i get some extra cash to spend :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
What made you go with a slip on over the full exhaust? I've been wanting to get an exhaust but figured you might aswell get the full system than just a can.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Why do a full exhaust? Except for changing a power curve, these bikes make huge power already. A pipe sounds nice and reduces weight, but I really don't see the point of a full exhaust.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doing a full exhaust means you will likely have to do other things to make it run right, like a PCIII, and the gain going from slip-on to full exhaust is about 4 horsepower.

The slipon will give me about 3 hp gain, including a good bit of torque where my bike needs it... 3-5k rpms. What I was mostly after tho is a nice sound, not horridly loud just a little deeper and a little louder.

110 hp to the rear wheel after this upgrade is quite enough for the street.

·
Registered
191 Posts
pesticide said:
The slipon will give me about 3 hp gain --- 110 hp to the rear wheel after this upgrade is quite enough for the street.
i dont wanna burst your bubble but slip-on's make virtually nothing. 110whp is a little bit optimistic IMO for just having a slip-on assuming the bike is otherwise stock.

a friend had her 600z dyno'd and makes 112whp on a dynojet with a full Arrow and tuning. she started at 101whp stock.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MilleR Time said:
i dont wanna burst your bubble but slip-on's make virtually nothing. 110whp is a little bit optimistic IMO for just having a slip-on assuming the bike is otherwise stock.

a friend had her 600z dyno'd and makes 112whp on a dynojet with a full Arrow and tuning. she started at 101whp stock.
There is no bubble to burst here. I know a slip-on wont make much hp... but I also know a full system doesnt make much more.

Heres some figures from Akra's site. I know they are trying to sell stuff so i dont take these numbers as the last word aside from finding value in what they say the bike makes with the slip-on vs thier own full exhaust.. that they are also trying to sell. Thier number for stock seems pretty optimistic, but we all know dynos vary.

Stock: 107.9 / 13100 (2005)
Slip-on: 109.7 / 13200 (2005)
Full: 111.1 / 13250 (2005)

That is dyno runs on a 2005 R6.

Source: http://www.akrapovic-ai.si/main/catalog/products-catalog.htm

Bottom line regardless of the numbers I am happy with the power now. If I can get a better sound out of this and a little more volume I will be quite happy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
pesticide said:
Bottom line regardless of the numbers I am happy with the power now. If I can get a better sound out of this and a little more volume I will be quite happy.
sold!.. then you'll be incredibly pleased with your purchase. thats what you bought.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you have the extra money to spend why not go with the full system, thats what I did and I got a great deal on the system with the PC III usb. I got the Akra full racing system and I love it... no regrets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts