Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a job offer in Phoenix. Near I-10 and I-17. I have two little boys, one in second grade, the other not yet in school. Would you want to raise your kids there and if so, what part of town?

·
Registered
235 Posts
there are some great parts of town, it just depends on how much you want to spend on a home. i spent most of my younger days in Gilbert, and parts of chandler. also look into awhatukee (sp) its quite a nice area too.

matt

·
Registered
317 Posts
yeah, what he said. we live in gilbert (greenfiled rd. and ray rd.) and i like their school system...chandler has adopted a year round format, not sure if all of chandler is like that yet...it's okay, we had my son in chandler schools two years ago but i prefer gilbert...it takes me roughly 30min at most to get into phoenix (i-10 and i-17 split anyway) from out in gilbert and 15 of those minutes are getting to a freeway, so travel time shouldn't be an issue at all in the morning if you leave for work around 5-15am...coming home it takes maybe 10min longer on average. this place is really growing, you could even look into the mesa area, either closer in town near the 202 freeway, or further out east on the i-60 past power road...my only complaint about mesa is the over abundance of mormons. but i'd rather live with mormons than live in central or south phoenix...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts