Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sportmax q2 for my rear tire which is fairly new, but my front tire is worn and needs replaced.

I'm looking at the Michelin pilot road 2s/3s sport touring

Or should I pit the sportmax q2 on the front as well?

All my riding is street/hwy however I ride aggressively from time to time, and tend to ride spirited every now and then.

If the sport touring michelins offer the same traction for my style of riding, then I don't see a reason not to use them as they offer higher mileage. Opinions?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
278 Posts
1 vote for pilot road 2 simply because I've had such great luck with them. 8500 miles before they start to flatten in the middle, probably had a few thousand miles left in them, only replaced for track day.

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
I'm running Pirelli Diablo Rosso II on the rear with a Rosso in the front. I have always gone 2 rears to a front and hope that the dual compound rear will take this to a 1-1. I have a 26 mi. commute. So far, the rear looks almost new and when I turn up the wick, I haven't had anything take away my confidence in grip.

·
The American Stig!
317 Posts
I've ran nothing but PR2's since they came out. the PR3 is the replacement, and from everything I've seen, are even better.

I push my bikes HARD in the corners, and never had them give me grief. The also wear very well.

·
CCS# 616
915 Posts
I run a roadsmart rear and a Q2 front. The fronts last so long there is no reason not to go for the stickier choice.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I was running shinko 005 on my 04 750. Had 5k on it when I sold the bike and showed little to no wear.

Only time I had them slip was in a hard lean on paint when it was raining. Other than that nothing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Good choice. You can expect over 10k mi out of them as long as you keep them properly inflated and aren't doing burnouts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts