Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wow, creepy. I was just logging on to ask the same question. I currently have a 2pc JR suit, but am looking for something a little more casual for wearing with jeans, as my jacket tends to be a little short.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, I've gone and bought a Motorhead jacket from eBay. It's coming from California, and I'm on the east coast of Canada though, so I expect it to take a couple of weeks. Once I finally get it though, I'll post up my review.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just started riding about a month ago and bought the Motorhead as my first jacket. I wear it with leather gloves, jeans, a lid, and work boots.

Leather: Very thick and soft, especially once broken in. A little stiff at first but now it's so comfortable I love it.

Protection: I feel that the shoulder and elbow pads are really good, especially in conjunction with the thick leather. The back pad is decent but realistically is just an excuse for a bad pad. I would upgrade if you want some serious protection for your ol' spine.

Looks: I got the all black and I must say that I really like it. It is very subtle and almost has a flat sheen to it..in other words its not a shiny black. Also, it seems to fall very naturally on one's shoulders.

Ventilation/Comfort in varying weather: I took the liner out and have left it out since. I've rode in it from about 50 to 90 or so and can't complain. Witht the vents open, it is comfortable at speed, only a little toasty while sitting at a light. On the colder side, I would imagine it is going to be very warm with the liner in. The only concern I would have about cold weather riding would be the fact that it has a low collar and may allow some air into the chest area, depending on tightness of fit.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this jacket.

Zack

·
Registered
169 Posts
Since posting, I bought and have received the jacket (bought it from eBay brand new). I've gotta say, wearing it with jeans as opposed to the jacket from my 2pc (JR GPX-2) is like night and day. The Motorhead is VERY comfortable. I really like this jacket. It's comfortable enough to wear anywhere for sure. I got the white one (my JR and mesh jackets are both black, so I wanted something different). Sharp looking jacket. At the first lot night I was at since, I got lots of compliments on it! :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have had the jacket for about 2 months now, and love it. Though me being naturally warm all the time, I do get hot in the jacket. But aside from that, what everyone else has said is basically what I would be saying as well. sooo..

+1

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got a yellow and black one a couple weeks ago. I love it. I still have the liner in mine as the weather is getting cooler. I sat in traffic a few times in 85+ weather with the liner in and got quite warm, but it wasn't excruciating.

As for the quality, so far it's great. Nothing is falling apart yet and the leather is super thick. Everytime someone picks up my jacket they comment on the weight.

On a side note, I got a small since I'm 6'3" 165lbs, pretty thin. I went to my cousin's place for dinner last night and he's 6'5" and around 220-230. He picked up my jacket and I told him he wouldn't even be able to get his arm in the sleeve. He managed to get it in and actually got the jacket on both arms but it was so funny to see. He usually wears XXL jackets. He couldn't get his arms back out though, he had to unbutton the liner, pull that out, then pull the liner off his arms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts