Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email about our commercial and got curious about what people think of it. Would you all mind taking a moment to watch it and give an honest opinion of whether it is Funny, OK, or offensive? Here's a link to the commercial: http://www.superbiketoystore.com/sbk_comm_2.wmv

Here's the email we got:

Hi, I'm wondering how long we have to put up with your ridiculous TV ad. Is it supposed to be funny? Do people take their 400 lb greasy gas dripping bikes and haul them into bed with them? Seriously, and just what do you do with it then? Oh so then your girlfriend comes in and she's so buttercupped on crack that she doesn't get mad but jumps in too. Really. None of this however breaks the bed. In the mean time, I who am not insulted by the intelligent story line here, am thinking about all the reasons I don't need to shop at your store. So did someone just home from a high school party, think this all up? Wow.
How much did it cost you? Do you have any idea how much a stupid immature ad costs you. Funny thing is you will never know.
So offensive ad = lost customers. Neat.
I'm just glad we have a DVR that let's me fwd thru your ad. But the fact that you keep playing it just bugs the crap out of me.
Fire your ad company. Do yourself and us a favor.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I don't think the ad is offensive in any way. It's a little cheesy, in the way ads always are, but cute. The guy writing the letter is probably mad because he doesn't have a bike, or a GF, and couldn't get them in his mom's basement even if he did.

·
Site Sponsor
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the ad is offensive in any way. It's a little cheesy, in the way ads always are, but cute. The guy writing the letter is probably mad because he doesn't have a bike, or a GF, and couldn't get them in his mom's basement even if he did.
Thanks for that; I think it's funny (and a bit quirky), but want to get some other opinions.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I think this is a case of "haters gonna hate" if there ever was one. :lol

I would love to keep my bike in my bedroom, if it was practical to get it in & out of the house. I don't think my husband would be as happy about it as the girl in the ad though. :biggrinag

·
Site Sponsor
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL! I think Katie (the girl) would slap the crap out of Ettienne (The guy and Katie's husband) if he actually did that at home; she's a fireball!

·
5,366 Posts
i giggled, guess it depends on the demographic you guys are targeting. I'm a 24 year old male, might still be riding street but mainly track.

Doesnt sound like the person who wrote the e-mail rides, i'd think non riders would find it stupid, but they're not your market anyway.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not offensive but not really good either IMO, I would rather see an ad with updates of new gear and closeouts or sales you were running than this, but I wouldn't write a letter and complain about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts