Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to drag my '05 6R and need to buy a tethered kill switch. Does anyone know off hand if I need an open or closed kill switch?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
ZeuSeason said:
I'm looking to drag my '05 6R and need to buy a tethered kill switch. Does anyone know off hand if I need an open or closed kill switch?
Pingel makes or offers a real nice kill for about $40.00. I have one on my ZX6.

:cheers

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jammin_Johnny said:
Pingel makes or offers a real nice kill for about $40.00. I have one on my ZX6.

:cheers
Yeah, I was really interested in their panel mount switch because I see very little space for a bar mount and I don't like the head mounted ones.

*This is the one I was looking at*

I just don't know if I should get an open or closed circuit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have always used closed circiut. I have no idea which is better I just always figured that closed circuit when pulled is easier to open (or break) the circiut. I have never seen or heard of one failing if that helps at all :cheers

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
... the pingel one you'll need the normally closed one. closed meaning when the switch is at rest with the pin installed .. a closed circut, when you pull the pin it moves the switch down and breakes the circut...yourstock switch is just inline with the hot ignition wire...goes in one side and out the other..just cut one of those wires and put the 2 wires from the teather between, so the current now has to flow through the teather then the factory kill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts