Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
I dont see a digital camera picture going all haywire like that.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
haywire? it was spinning as it dropped through the air.

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
It just looked like it what a video tape does (if you know what Im talking about) The image looks 'Stretched" if that makes sense.

and I dont believe a digital image would show up distorted like would it? Thats all im sayin. I understand the fps. Same reason some prop planes look like they are flying with out the props spinning..

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Gopros+idiots+planes...

·
runnin dis bish
2,024 Posts
For discussions sake, who's insurance would get hit if something was damaged?
I assume the sky diving company has a liability release, so does it fall on the sky diver? Which kind of insurance would even cover something like that?

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I assume the sky diving company has a liability release, so does it fall on the sky diver? Which kind of insurance would even cover something like that?
From my experience:

Liability release must be signed, and it includes a damaged coverage where the skydiver is responsible for any damage that occurs as a result thereof. At least at my drop zone.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Assuming this occurred in the US, the jumper is probably a USPA (US parachute assn) member. With paid membership comes some liability coverage. Don't remember how much. Don't know how it works if it comes down to negligence due to insufficiently secured gear dropped from the sky.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Assuming this occurred in the US, the jumper is probably a USPA (US parachute assn) member. With paid membership comes some liability coverage. Don't remember how much. Don't know how it works if it comes down to negligence due to insufficiently secured gear dropped from the sky.
Assuming he actually has paid dues/isn't just a self-supervised student. I for one haven't paid my dues yet despite having finished my A license many jumps ago. Just haven't quite gotten around to it, and I have nowhere to do water training/no desire to right now for my B.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts