Sport Bikes banner

Only Harley I'd own!!

2K views 31 replies 26 participants last post by  fastrc26 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Wow, that's pretty awesome they would produce such a limited production niche motorcycle like that. Everyone can hate all they want, but I really doubt you will ever see a company like Suzuki come out with a limited edition turbocharged and lowered Busa with all the extras on it (equivalent to what HD did to this vrod).

#4 ·
You may want to wait for the pre order Since Willie G. Davidson got caught playing the stock game with his own company. Some of the guys at Harley rode the prices of there stocks up then when they thought they peaked they sold them for $90,000,000 and shortly after the stocks plumeted to $13 a share.

#5 ·
Rogue6 said:
Wow, that's pretty awesome they would produce such a limited production niche motorcycle like that. Everyone can hate all they want, but I really doubt you will ever see a company like Suzuki come out with a limited edition turbocharged and lowered Busa with all the extras on it (equivalent to what HD did to this vrod).
A busa can do under 10 second quarter mile stock as is. Don't really see a need for them to modify it.

#9 ·
I wonder what the msrp on the beast is going to be.

#13 ·
2002 Busa SE said:
Im guessing $50,000...maybe more.
Damn, I wonder if they'll throw in a VR1000 too. :eek:

#14 ·
iced_theater said:
A busa can do under 10 second quarter mile stock as is. Don't really see a need for them to modify it.

I think you missed my point. It's more the spirit of what they did, not so much the end product. I think I'm starting to get a soft spot for HD seeing how I live in Milwaukee.

#18 ·
"The VRXSE Screamin' Eagle® Destroyer™ is H-D's first out-of-the-box, drag racing motorcycle. Based on the VRSC™ family and tuned by Custom Vehicle Operations, this bike can do a quarter mile run in under 10 seconds."

Wow...in under 10 seconds...really?

Almost any liter sportbike does very close to that for half the price of the stock Vrod...

Still, if they can make it street legal and under $35k it will be interesting.

#21 ·
NO SIR! I Do Not Like it.......

Look what Hardley has to do to get a bike in the 10's. My 600 could just about do it with just a sprocket change and lowering. All for the amazing price of 5k.

I know they have some good dragsters in the real drag racing world but this is just a toy compared to those. So your right about it being an expensive toy, and thats all it really is.

Nice try Harley...... keep working on it...

#24 ·
when i lived in york, pa i did the harley factory tour. they asked what i rode (i was carrying my helmet) so i responded "a ninja"

the guy leading the tour goes "you could have gotten a harley for what you paid for the ninja"

i responded "yeah but it wouldn't be as fun"

great tour but the guide didn't like me...

#25 ·
if they gave it to me i'd sell it.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.