Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there were any sites that u guys know of where u can order bikes (so i can just check them out)? I was lookin through a couple cycle magazines the other day at a local Sheetz and noticed a bunch of cycle sites but never wrote them down.

also in the cycle trader i was reading about these deals where they give u the bike for dirt cheap, with helm, gloves and jacket and shipping, for a low cost... should i steer clear of these? How do they get their prices so low? mass quantities? any suggestions please... Im doin some lookin around so that when i complete my msf i know what deals are best.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Delta said:
I was wondering if there were any sites that u guys know of where u can order bikes (so i can just check them out)? I was lookin through a couple cycle magazines the other day at a local Sheetz and noticed a bunch of cycle sites but never wrote them down.

also in the cycle trader i was reading about these deals where they give u the bike for dirt cheap, with helm, gloves and jacket and shipping, for a low cost... should i steer clear of these? How do they get their prices so low? mass quantities? any suggestions please... Im doin some lookin around so that when i complete my msf i know what deals are best.
If you are getting stuff cheaper online, it is because there isnt a brick and mortar shop to back up the sales. Basically, because they dont have to hire salespeople and maintain a store-front they can afford to reduce prices to increase sales and create some stability. So, if you are getting a motorcycle over the internet somehow, its because the business has been de-centralized. A deal is a deal, no need for a retailer anyways :cheers

If it doesnt look like a scam, go for it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
BUUUTTTTT when u see in cycle trader or on ebay for a 8 or $10,000 bike for $2500 then YES it's a scam. noticed most scams in cycletrader never give a phone #, always an e-mail address

later
Michael

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
train460 said:
BUUUTTTTT when u see in cycle trader or on ebay for a 8 or $10,000 bike for $2500 then YES it's a scam. noticed most scams in cycletrader never give a phone #, always an e-mail address

later
Michael
Ya i know what u mean.. The ones im talking about usually take up a whole colored page and are like "600, helmet, gloves, jacket, for blah blah blah", which is usually a grand to 1500 below retail. Never any 500 deals. When a cycle gets shipped is it still in the crate?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
There is a place in Corinth Mississippi called www.lakehillmotors.com. I have bought 3 bikes through them and LOVE them! They are great over the phone and they have been in business for 46 years!!!!! You will have to pick up the bike but I drive 800 miles to pick up mine. I saved 3,000.00 for my troubles compared to buying from my local dealership. This is why the manufactureres will not allow them to ship. They will put EVERYBODY out of business.

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wolfman said:
There is a place in Corinth Mississippi called www.lakehillmotors.com. I have bought 3 bikes through them and LOVE them! They are great over the phone and they have been in business for 46 years!!!!! You will have to pick up the bike but I drive 800 miles to pick up mine. I saved 3,000.00 for my troubles compared to buying from my local dealership. This is why the manufactureres will not allow them to ship. They will put EVERYBODY out of business.
hmm i'll have to check it out, mississipi is quite a ways away though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts