Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for opinions, do's and don't of online dating. Fun experiences? strange people etc. I am thinking of creating a profile and seeing what is out there. Once you are done with school and have a non public facing career, it is hard to meet people. Recommendations? sites?

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
I went on a date from that once... the whole thing was weird... the chick was cute.. but once i thought to myself...umm..online dating...nope..

But thats just me.. I have SEVERAL friends who are hapy and happily married from internet relationships.

I prefer pickin up chicks in bars...

Liquid curouge baby

·
faster......please
6,350 Posts
just be careful people aren't always what they make themselves out to be sooo with that in mind....pick a public place, nothing intimate and have a few good excuses and escape routes planned if need. good luck there's some good people still left but also alot of wackos:nuts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Met my current SO on eharmony....things are great...couldn't be happier...and best of all....she rides

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
I've met people to be friends-with-benefits with, but not actually date or have a relationship. It's worked pretty well. I've had several hot hook-ups, and only one that was just so-so. I don't know that I'd recommend it for actually dating tho. But for my purposes, it's been a success! Yahoo personals.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I've heard horror stories from to many of my friends that used on line dating. Even if I were single, I wouldn't do it.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Did it once after my first wife.... Met this fruitcake chic. She started out normal, then turned crazy...

Would I do it again? Eh, prolly... But expect the worst and hope for the best.

·
Registered
418 Posts
bipolar said:
I thought people only found one night stands online.
In that case EVERYONE would be online...... wait....... :lao

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
bipolar said:
I thought people only found one night stands online.

There's plenty of sites out there for just that....i mean errr...i think so :D

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
I met my wife through Yahoo Personals. We are so compatible it's unreal. She is my best friend.

For those that are against it or think it's weird, what's the difference between chatting with someone online and meeting someone in public? Other than the physical interaction?

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bomb300 said:
I met my wife through Yahoo Personals. We are so compatible it's unreal. She is my best friend.

For those that are against it or think it's weird, what's the difference between chatting with someone online and meeting someone in public? Other than the physical interaction?

I guess as long as who you are talking is being honest, then yea, sure it is fine. I guess my concerns are honesty, and how honest people actually are when they are online....

BTW - congradulations on finding your true love, that is amazing!

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
I've been giving some serious thought to signing up for a dating service so I can communicate with some women. I met one of my ex's via an online service and she turned out to be a nutjob. I think she's the exception not the rule.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
oober said:
I guess as long as who you are talking is being honest, then yea, sure it is fine. I guess my concerns are honesty, and how honest people actually are when they are online....

BTW - congradulations on finding your true love, that is amazing!

people can be almost as full of shit in person as they can be online....thats why you don't marry them after the first date....it all comes out in the wash after awhile. People will generally cloak there little quirks until dating is in full swing.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
ASCI_Blue said:
I've been giving some serious thought to signing up for a dating service so I can communicate with some women. I met one of my ex's via an online service and she turned out to be a nutjob. I think she's the exception not the rule.

I would try eharmony...it matches your personality and you recieve matches based on compatibility.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Raven R1 said:
I would try eharmony...it matches your personality and you recieve matches based on compatibility.
Seems like a good service, did the free profile thing but gotta say I'm disappointed as it doesn't let you do much as a free member. Sure great there's a slender brunette in Redding, CA but is she the type of girl I'd find physically attractive or not. I'm leaning toward match.com atm.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Raven R1 said:
people can be almost as full of shit in person as they can be online....thats why you don't marry them after the first date....it all comes out in the wash after awhile. People will generally cloak there little quirks until dating is in full swing.
I've found that the women I've met in person first are more full of shit than those I've met online first.

There's a certain comfort that being anonimous give a person online. It's much easier to be yourself when you don't have that person you are interested in sitting across/next to you.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
^^^ Sounds right to me. A women in person has a reason to impress. An online chick doesn't.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I had thought about doing it a few times, but could never muster up the balls to do it. There were a few reasons, 1; I wasn't sure who I was going to meet, but I guess that doesn't really matter cause you don't have to be with them anyway. 2; What if your friends find out ....? I didn't want to be known as the guys who was chasing pussy through online dating.

Seems as though some of you guys are having some good luck with it, so who knows maybe in the future it could be a viable option.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts