·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what you all thought about them i like them personaly

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
As long as they aren't on a BMW (WHY do they put the swingarm on the brake side to where it's covering up the wheel when it's on the kickstand??? ), they are great looking, however, they are heavier, less rigid and tougher to work with (referring to bearing greasing/changing) than a conventional dual-sided SA.

the 'hopper

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just like the way they look. They are different and you don't see too many bikes with them. Hopefully one day, I can get me a bike with the single-sided swingarm.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I love them, I guess the guys with the blingin wheels would like them too, so their chrome would show without anything in the way, just like removing a rotor.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I like them. They just seem to set off the bikes that they are on.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think it depends on the application. Some bikes look great with the single-sided swingarms; some I don't think would look as good.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I like single sided swing arms but it depends on what bike they are on.

·
Registered
569 Posts
They're a pain in the ass. You have to buy a special swingarm stand for them and it's pretty much impossible to home ballance them if you do your own tire installs. They do look good though...

·
Registered
402 Posts
ThumpDaddy said:
I just like the way they look. They are different and you don't see too many bikes with them. Hopefully one day, I can get me a bike with the single-sided swingarm.

There are companies that make Single Side Swingarm conversions. Now, I do not know if they make them for your bike or not. But they make them. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
They look good and are practical to have when I need to change tire or fix a flat. Even when cleaning the bike I usually take the tire off so I can get the dirt off the suspension region.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
They look great! Wish more bikes were stock with them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mykl said:
They're a pain in the ass. You have to buy a special swingarm stand for them and it's pretty much impossible to home ballance them if you do your own tire installs. They do look good though...
STFU noo! j/k. I agree. Besides Mykl, the way you ride I'm sure you'd break them left and right :) If you guys ever want to see a manly swing arm, check out the RC51's.

M.

·
Registered
138 Posts
A lot of people must find them appealing. Triumph got quite a backlash when they replaced the Daytona 955i's SS swingarm with a conventional unit - for performance reasons. That only lasted one model year.....

I'm glad they saw the light!

·
Registered
522 Posts
love'em, I have one :D :D :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Love Em. Chain Alinement is a breeze.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts