Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fort Wayne,, Indiana - (Fort Wayne, IN 5/27/05)--A Fort Wayne motorcyclist has been killed in a two-vehicle crash.

Forty-nine-year old Lynford Ramer died last night after being hospitalized in serious condition.

Officials say Ramer was injured when he apparently pulled his motorcycle into the path of an SUV and was struck at North Clinton Street and Mayhew Road.

The driver of the SUV was not hurt.

Police are still investigating the crash. (Edited by Paula Hinton

Reactions: Skyler1974

·
Registered
347 Posts
bumblebee said:
Fort Wayne,, Indiana - (Fort Wayne, IN 5/27/05)--A Fort Wayne motorcyclist has been killed in a two-vehicle crash.

Forty-nine-year old Lynford Ramer died last night after being hospitalized in serious condition.

Officials say Ramer was injured when he apparently pulled his motorcycle into the path of an SUV and was struck at North Clinton Street and Mayhew Road.

The driver of the SUV was not hurt.

Police are still investigating the crash. (Edited by Paula Hinton
RIP...it's interesting to hear how the writer said, "he apparently pulled his motorcycle in the path of an SUV". I wonder if he wasn't looking, or if the driver of the SUV wasn't?

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
R.i.p. :(

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
R.i.p. :(

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
RIP

Is there anymore details yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks everyone I had never seen this site till now. My father didn't pull out infront of her she was in a hurry tried to go around on a two lane highway and hit him. I love that the drug test the biker and not the driver when I was told she was on drugs. I am glad to see this though that it helps others see we are not promised tomorrow!

Love my father Lynford vern Ramer RIP daddy someday I will be with you again ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
RIP...it's interesting to hear how the writer said, "he apparently pulled his motorcycle in the path of an SUV". I wonder if he wasn't looking, or if the driver of the SUV wasn't?
She wasn't looking and we think she was on drugs! Lynford is my father My kisd miss him so much I had three girls while he was here but my son who was born after he died was named after grandpa. ( Caleb joeseph lyn )

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
Thanks everyone I had never seen this site till now. My father didn't pull out infront of her she was in a hurry tried to go around on a two lane highway and hit him. I love that the drug test the biker and not the driver when I was told she was on drugs. I am glad to see this though that it helps others see we are not promised tomorrow!

Love my father Lynford vern Ramer RIP daddy someday I will be with you again ;-)
The worlds don't exist to convey my condolences. Its been cold as the blazes and your father was riding in it. My hero.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Very very sorry to read of this, my condolences too. I think it's BS that they immediately assume he pulled into her path, that is rarely the case but they keep on with their theories. Yea he pulled into her path alright, her anywhere-she-impulsively-decides-to-go-without-looking path.

·
Are we not men?
9,011 Posts
The worlds don't exist to convey my condolences. Its been cold as the blazes and your father was riding in it. My hero.
Dude...look at the date on the OP.

Skyler1974, sorry for your loss way back when, I'm sure it still hurts. Just curious, how did you possibly find this? Are you saying the driver was never charged? If so, what a damned shame!

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
So how do you know what happened exactly if you weren't there? As far as drug testing, toxicology is routinely done post mortum. Therefore his results are provided to the investigating agency by the coroner's office. Testing the operator of the SUV would require a search warrant of their blood, but only if they received medical care at a hospital in which a satisfactory draw was taken. To mandate a test requires clear, articulate, probable cause. That pesky Constitution and all. Having a crash in of itself does not rise to that criteria. I'm sorry for your loss. All bikers lose when struck by an inattentive driver. I'm recovering myself from one. But as a reconstructionist I will at least attempt to look at facts before I rush to an emotional opinion. I wasn't there either so I can't talk about the road and scene evidence or any possible witness statements, which are usually worthless anyway. I'm merely entering in possible reasons why drug and/or alcohol testing wasn't done.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Sorry for the loss. I hope you get it straightened out. because he is not hear to tell his story..In the death of another person by motor vehicle ! It gives them the right to draw blood if needed from both drivers !!!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Dude...look at the date on the OP.

Skyler1974, sorry for your loss way back when, I'm sure it still hurts. Just curious, how did you possibly find this? Are you saying the driver was never charged? If so, what a damned shame!
Okay whats going on?

7 year old post, Skyler finds 7 years later and posts to it

Assuming they are real, How did they ever find a specific 7 year old post, being it was just a news clip from someone else 7 years ago, and they hadnt been here before?

I know when I go to a place Ive never been, I dive right into decade old posts, Shizam !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts