Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm intrested in getting a one peice and I wanted to get some opnions. I'm pretty big, 6'4 250 broad shoulders, so I'm real concerned about the fit. What would be availible in the 2K price range.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
2k as in two thousand dollars? Get a custom suit. For that money you could probably get Vanson, Z or maybe even Helimot. For closer to $1k there's Syed, Barnacle Bill, Zooni.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
yeah, go to Barnacle Bill's website, he made my 1pc suit because I've got longer arms and broader shoulders than your average 6'2" body, and I had to have the suit made. Mine ended up running just under $1400 and I got the speed hump and my name on the back and everything.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that what you wear when you're racing? I want something with the best quality armor, stiching and leather, because I'll be wearing this suit while I learn to ride the twisties.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i would go vanson, dianese or z-custom. all of them will do custom suits. barancle bills is def a way to go too. i have heard wonderful things about his work.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
It's your custom suit, I'm sure you can pick whatever armor you want and send it to them to put in your suit. If they won't listen to you, go somewhere else. Next time I get a suit made I think I'll get some T-pro stuff put in. BB has a great reputation on the WERA boards, and those guys crash a lot. I forgot to mention Bates, just to further confuse you.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Go over to Alaska leather and get Barb or Brenda to take your mesurements.There a Vanson rep and are good people to deal with.

I had a Shuberth helment that broke and she gave me a Shoi Z11 to replace it.

And tell them that I sent you and they will give you the best deal they can.

Oh yea,before I forget.

Roadracing world & motorcycle technology, at Fred Meyers volume 14 #8

www.roadracingworld.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts