Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was probly one of the worst days of my life. it all started out great, we usually do about 150 miles ever sunday afternoon/ngiht. tongiht was a lil different tho. today we decided to go to one of the "island towns" in new jersey that we dont usually go to than that lead to us grabbing a bite to eat at the local wing place. all was good untill we decided to leave. My body rob who rides an 01 sv 650 pulled out of the parkin lot and like usuall does a pretty decent wheelie but this one went bad. when he landed the handlebar was cocked to the right but the bike was leaned to the left whcih sent him and the bike right into the oncoming lane lucky there was no traffic comin the opposite way but went he went down he dented in the one side of the tank, smashed off the tach, broke the front left blinker, broke the peg, bent the shifter, broke the clutch lever and he got some road rash on his hand but other wise hes ok just a little shakin up. Then on the ride home we seperated and i was by my self and i came up behind a pick-up with some furniture and he seen me behind him so he moved over and let me pass, mind u that i WAS in a passing zone but did not even have to leave me lane when i passing. THe speed limit was 50 and while passing i reached about 62 mph. and before i kno it i got a local town cop on my ass flashin his lights. he pulled me over and said that he didnt get me on radar and that he reached 75 tryin to cath up. then he was like and i seen u pass that truck and i proceeded to tell the cop that he let me pass. i was not once disrespectful or any of that i yes sired and yes officred his to death. then he handed me a careless ticket and said im sure your mother isnt gonna be happy to find out your messin around on a bike on her insurance . i was like wtf is this? why did he ticket me? was he bein a dick or wut? i did nothin wrong yea i was speeding but he admitted to not "catchin" me do it so wut was the ticket for? passing in a passing zone? he probly just seen me on a sportbike at 11 o clock at night and figured wut the hell. i think im gonna go end my shit ass night and get some rest

·
Registered
72 Posts
sorry to hear about your incident buddy..........on a personal note, i cant believe that would qualify as one of your worst nights ever, that would be a walk in the park for me, all the shyt ive been through or see on a regular basis must really be pretty amazing............but all in all i hope you beat the ticket and sorry to hear about your friend.......late.........

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Maybe he's mad at your mother...and he caught you

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
He's young, his idea of bad is not ours yet. Bro fight the ticket to death, you'll win You say this....."Your honor i was behind a slower moving vehicle travelling (example) Northbound on 121 st st, the driver of said vehicle recognized that i wanted to make a pass and motioned to me to come around. I began to pass and seen an oncomming vecicle coming twards me when i was beside the drivers door of the slow moving vehicle (this tells the judge you were committed to the movement), i then accelerated to get around. I did not deny going a bit over the limit, however i was doing it to safely pass the vehicle I mentioned earlier. Your honor do you feel that it's appropriate to put points on my otherwise clean license(providing you have a clean one) and raise my isurance rates for a speeding violation?"

·
Registered
376 Posts
well you got the ticket didnt you? What does it say on the ticket that it is for?

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Also, he admitted not having you on radar. Him simply saying he "got to" 75 trying to catch you means only that he accelerated his vehicle to 75MPH to gain on you fast enough to not let you out of his sight. Hell if he had accelerated to 100mph to catch you it dont mean diddly shit because he didnt pace clock you (state calibrated speedo) or hit you with a calibrated radar. There is NO way he could know how fast you were going. That is speculation without factual data, he wrote you a citation for Careless Driving. I'd like to know what the grounds were for the "Careless" ticket

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I'm hungry.. Sorry to hear about your bad day. Hopefully for your sake, that's the worse it will ever get for you while riding your bike.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Gee, after reading that first sentence "worst day of my life", I thought someone died or something.

You're young. Don't get too worked up over a motorcycle accident and a ticket. Shit happens.

BTW, hopefully both you and your friend learned to be more prudent when doing wheelies on public streets. :cheers

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i kno it coulda been worse and thank god that it wasnt thanks for the comments guys

O and magnum is he a squid becuase he did a wheelie on a public street and things went wrong? hmm and i guess your gonna tell me that youve never done a wheelie on public streets?

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Careless is an all encompasing ticket to write with a fuckin huge fine attached to it (in OR anyway). I got t-boned by a dumb bitch stop sign runner four years back, no radar, no speeding on my part, no shit as I was on a through street yet the cocksucker still gave me a careless ticket. Had I known then what I do now I'd politly have told him where to shove it once I asked the simple question of "What did I do that was careless?" Yes I did get an attourney and the cop delt it down to traffic school and be good for 6 months. Luckly the lawyer did it pro bono.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts