Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I finally won the battle with my rendering software (darn pinnacle) and was able to sample you guys a clip of the sound of my laser x-treme 4 tampered hitting 14k rpm during a "cruise".

Feedback and requests on sound in different situations welcome.

Attachments

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Cruise my ars!!! Sounded like you were trying to break the sound barrier. Just for curiousity sake, how fast was that? Oh and by the way, that sounded really really good.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
nice!!!

l;kjas;jdf

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice! Really cool thing thing is it sounded powerful, but smooth and rich at the same time. Thanks for posting this! :headbang

·
Registered
51 Posts
I saw somewhere that the FZ6 rpm limiter is set to 13250rpm, is this true?
I know I've hit the limiter a couple of times when I tried to get to 14k.

Where's the R6 limiter? 16k? :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FAZR6 said:
Cruise my ars!!! Sounded like you were trying to break the sound barrier. Just for curiousity sake, how fast was that? Oh and by the way, that sounded really really good.
Well i think this was in 5th gear around 220km/h before i shifted up to 6th. Just after that i managed to get 233km/u out of the 5th gear so do the math :)

In 2 European magazines they claim that they've topped the fazer at 273 so 260 is my goal :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Proc said:

Could be but doesn't care really just hit it almost up there and do a clutchless shift up so it only bumps 1500 rpm down and gooo... :headbang

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds good! I'm assuming that this was recorded w/the camera/recorder on the bike? You can hear the engine a lot more than the exhaust....

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Proc said:

After seeing the dyno, Your right on the fz6. 13250 The r6 is 15000.

:hshot

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IronChefCJP said:
Sounds good! I'm assuming that this was recorded w/the camera/recorder on the bike? You can hear the engine a lot more than the exhaust....
yep this was recorded on the tank. Therefore you can hear the airintake but you definitely also hear the exhaust hawling.

If i find a secluded straight road i will as some "spectators" to make a video when i pass at full speed...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Karoshi,
I have just put a set of tappered laser pipes on my bike and it sounds really good(race cans in at the moment, but possibly going to change them to the legal inserts, don't like the feeling when driving by the cops on the road, feel all guilty ;) and just know I am going to get someguy with a chip on his shoulder when I get stopped). But I was just wondering from a relatively newbie, what impact does the dyno power commander have on performance etc. I am running my bike now without one and was wondering whether my next purchase should be one of these. I am 300+ pounds an 6"1 so need to get as much out of the bike as I can.

Thanks,
Martin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts