Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am working on a 1975 KV 75 mini dirt bike, I was wondering if I by pass the oil injection pump what ratio should I run in it? 40:1? leaner richer? also how would I check to see if the oil injection is working? how would I adjust it? also if I want to beypass it how do I do it? thanks a lot

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you're bypassing it, either by disconnecting it or just letting it run out, premix at 40:1 and check the plug. For everyone mental notebook, the proper way to read a plug is not just pull it out after a ride. You want to warm the engine up to operating temp first. In second gear, go WOT for about 3 to 5 seconds (up to redline), and then kill the engine, while closing the throttle at the same time. This will show what the plug looks like during acceleration - the time it's most important to have a good mixture.

I had (I think it was) a KV90 for my VERY first bike. Bought it in a box from the neighbour for $75. Dad said I'd never get it running... 3 days later it was fully painted and idling outside. Never seen him so proud. I was 13.

Cheers,

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the throttle line that runs from the pump there is a adjuster, this adjuster adjust how far open the pump is at diffrent throttle inputs, how do I know how to adjust this? thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts