Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the hunt. I am looking for something along the lines if The Glitch Mob ....and maybe Aphex twins. I.don't want die hard techno- it all sounds the same after a while. But need something fresh for my ears!

Thoughts suggestions?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Justice? Daft Punk? Those are the more main stream ones. Most of the stuff I have is all underground that I got from a buddy of mine. He used to be huge into the rave scene and made a lot of DJ friends back in the day. Don't think you can get their stuff online anywhere though.

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
Sneakers Pimps, Goddamn Gallows, King Diamond, High on Fire...

·
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!
1,135 Posts
Also, If you like electro/industrial rock try Kidney Theives and I:Scintilla

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Not particuarly new but you cant beat a bit of Leftfield :banana

Or the Prodigy .. banned by MTV hahahaha twats

and for a proper dance sesh , a real life friend .. One of the original Tecno guys who has played the worldwide circuit for a good 20 years now .

Chemical Brothers .. one of my faves ..

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
I'm not sure if these songs follow the type of music you said above, but oh well... They are freaking awesome bands!

Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Surgar

Goddamn Gallows - 7 Devils

High on Fire - Rumours of War

Turbonegro - All my friends are dead

Mercyful Fate - Come to the Sabbath -

·
Registered
917 Posts
Aphex Twin*

If you like his music you would probably be happy with artists like Boards of Canada (first two albums) and Amon Tobin (Supermodified, Out From Out Where). Amon Tobin also was a member of the two-person group Two Fingers, but the most recent album, Stunt Rhythms, is just Amon. He may also appeal to the part of you that liked Aphex's Drum n' Bass songs, if that part exists. Animals on Wheels "Nuvol I Cadira" for Aphex's more ambient side.

DJ Shadow has the most "mainstream" sound out of a lot of electronic artists from, mostly from his source of samples. Endtroducing and The Less You Know Is Better are two good albums, and he just released a "best of..." album. Blockhead is the producer for Aesop Rock, but his own albums are instrumental mostly or sampled vocals. Another artist along the lines of DJ Shadow.

If you want to hear any of it you can go to allmusic.com or just search on YouTube.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Im surprised no one has mentioned Ronald Jenkees. Freaking awesome artist. Massive attack is a close second.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
heard of Massive Attack- big fan.
Assemblage 23 was pretty kick ass too- haven't heard them in a while- need to dig them up. Don't need to be "new" persay- even refreshing my memory is good (see Kidney Thieves Comment!!)

The Prodigy : Breathe is actually a spin off from The Glitch Mob- or some thing of a complilation- so is PANTyRAID I think. (woot wikipedia!) I really like it except it isn't what I want to dance to- but it's fun to blast for a work out- or at the office.

Oh re-reading I see Kidney Thieves- man I haven't listen to them in years- Zero Space is my only CD and scratched to shit. it's been a hot minute.

I'm making dinner then headed back to do some dancing at the gym- and I'll come home and check it out- thanks for the selection- I'm anxious to listen!!! :)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I am on the hunt. I am looking for something along the lines if The Glitch Mob ....and maybe Aphex twins. I.don't want die hard techno- it all sounds the same after a while. But need something fresh for my ears!

Thoughts suggestions?
The closest I've ever come to electronica is KMFDM. Hope you like.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Here's something that I can't believe nobody has mentioned yet. Pandora. Setup a techno channel, or something, and you'll get a bunch of good shit, or a bunch of terrible shit, but it used to work well when I was running (before I started smoking again, fuck I need to quit again) You like the shit you want to hear, and you dislike the shit you hate. Eventually it'll get setup to the point where all you hear is what you like.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually don't care for Pandora as much as I<3Radio. Pandora is very "mainstream'
with less "world music" as it were (I listen to a quiet a bit of straight up classical Egyptian so that's a must for me)... but I haven't had good luck with that honestly. I mean I have a few that pop up- but nothing that tickles me the right way!

Does anyone else thing Sneaker Pimps sounds like Absolute Garbage? I kind of dig it!!! (<3 me some Garbage!!!- I would die for you is one of my favorite songs of theirs)

I fucking LOVE tom waits- I wouldn't put him in the same category at all- but totally dig his style- whose the other one... nick someone? I'll have to look it up.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
Sneakers Pimps, Goddamn Gallows, King Diamond, High on Fire...
King Diamond and High on Fire?

...That sir is definitely a departure from Glitch Mob

Not that High on Fire is pretty badass

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts

Thoughts suggestions?
Did you read the OP?

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah. I liked the high on fire rumors song but I obviously there was a disconnect lol. I noted as well lol.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts