Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
e over town on my CBR, prepared to meet my friend to go for a MTB ride. I get there early so I stop downtown to call him to see if he's off work yet. I park my bike on the street and hang my helmet over the mirror. Around the corner is a marble block at the end of a little garden. I sat down on the block and made a couple phone calls, being careful to keep my bike in view.

I notice this moped a few streets down, coming up the hill towards me. He turned left at the light one street down, then a minute or two later I see him come by on the street I'm parked on. He passes my bike and slows down to pull over. Odd, since it's in front of a bank's lobby (which is closed). I stood up and watched as he backed up 4 parking spaces... thinking to myself, I know that fawker isn't going to try to grab my helmet.

Sure enough, he backed right up beside my bike, at which time I said 'what the ****?' and I sprinted around the corner full out with the intent of tackling the SOB off of the moped. Unfortunatly, he was too close to my bike (didn't want to knock my own bike over). Luckily, I got to him before he took off and grabbed the helmet out of the hands of the kid on the back.

At which point the guy has the nerve to ask me why I'm running up on his 'little man'. He said something about the kid was just looking at it to make sure they didn't hit it while backing up. Right.... like he was looking at it hard enough to take it off my bike and put it in his lap. I dialed 911 and the guy took off.... but not before I got his moped plate number.

The operator answered and I told her the story, to which she asked "so it was two black males?" I hadn't mentioned race... it was in fact a white guy about mid 20s driving and a black kid about 10 on the back. I guess you mention two thieves on a moped and she just assumed they were black. :rotflmao:

Anyway, unless I want to go to court and press charges, there isn't much to do. The kid was a juvi and the driver probably could blame the kid. Not worth my time, but the cop agreed to go track them down by the plate and at least confront them. It was registered a few streets over. I'll see what he gets. If they're dumb enough to admit to it, I may persue it. Otherwise I'm probably not going to waste my time.

Reflecting on it, I wish they had tried to pull off as I was running up so that I could have taken them down hard without hurting my bike.

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
yeah that's lame but its good you caught them before they could steal it. good job

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
WTF?????? why i it so easy for people to steal other peoples stuff????? its no one cares anymore or has respect for peoples property

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Should've beat the fucking shit out of them. I'd say shoot them in the face but they were minors. So just beat the fucking shit out of them. Bad. Real bad. I hate thieves.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr. Lesbian said:
Should've beat the fucking shit out of them. I'd say shoot them in the face but they were minors. So just beat the fucking shit out of them. Bad. Real bad. I hate thieves.
It was everything I could do not to.... mainly because I didn't want them falling onto my bike.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
yeah.. too bad you didnt think to wait a couple seconds.. so you could flying drop kick them off the moped.. probably wouldve bounced your helmet off the ground though, but you would feel a whole lot better about it..

had someone cut my helmet off my helmet lock last year.. cut the chin strap with a knife.. what the hell good is a helmet with no chin strap?? stupid thieves.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
wct097 said:
The operator answered and I told her the story, to which she asked "so it was two black males?" I hadn't mentioned race... it was in fact a white guy about mid 20s driving and a black kid about 10 on the back. I guess you mention two thieves on a moped and she just assumed they were black. :rotflmao:
That's a tad uncalled for.

Anyway, that's why I usually carry my helmet. Although I usually put my jacket down across my tank.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mikem317 said:

Anyway, that's why I usually carry my helmet. Although I usually put my jacket down across my tank.
I just thought it was funny. I don't think she meant any malice by it.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
mikem317 said:

Not really, he was just stating a odd fact that would have caught my attention too. What's uncalled for is that someone who should consider themselves a professional, trained and cool under pressure would not be informed enough to know not to say that. Christ your every word is recorded when you answer 911. If he wanted to he could make a big issue out of this.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Well it was the operator that asked if it was "two black males". I think that's a little unprofessional, esp. from a public servant like a 911 operator.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No need to make an issue out of it. For all we know, she could have just dealt with a call where the caller mentioned two black males and she wasn't thinking clearly. At any rate, I got a chuckle out of it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a racist.... I hate racists, but I still thought it was funny.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
pretty fucking messed up man, i would have kicked the crap out of them

·
Registered
912 Posts
jim schmidt said:
You know, you can hit someone in the head with your helmet without damaging it at all.
Well, it IS designed to be harder than the human skull, so I guess that goes without saying.

What sucks is, even if you caught them in the act if you had hit one of them YOU would be the one in trouble, not them. Ever hear the story of the guy who cut himself on a knife while robbing someones house then turns around and sues them for his injuries? It happens all the time...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
mikem317 said:
Well it was the operator that asked if it was "two black males". I think that's a little unprofessional, esp. from a public servant like a 911 operator.

im absolutely against any sort of racism at all, being that my nephew is half black, and its just plain ignorant, but the 911 operator could have stated that because of previous incidents that happened. they could have gotten a few previous calls about people being robbed by two black males on a moped and they asked for referecne

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone ever stop to think that maybe the operator asked if it was 2 black males because, 2 black males on a moped have done this before?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I would have beat the hell out of them.

Just yesterday I let a friend use my car to go to Barnes and Nobles.She left her purse in it that was empty and some a$$hole retard busted out the window to steal an empty purse.

I freaken hate thieves more so than most anything.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
im absolutely against any sort of racism at all, being that my nephew is half black, and its just plain ignorant, but the 911 operator could have stated that because of previous incidents that happened. they could have gotten a few previous calls about people being robbed by two black males on a moped and they asked for referecne
I suppose. Okay, I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt there. But it still seems kinda leading. You know, the detective should say "What is the approximate height?" as opposed to the "how tall were they?" or "What was his weight?" as opposed to "How heavy were they?" Not trying to trivialize racial comments like the one mentioned, just trying to illustrate the fact that they were sort of leading a little too much, if not making a bigotory statement.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
JAFO2RHh said:
Anyone ever stop to think that maybe the operator asked if it was 2 black males because, 2 black males on a moped have done this before?
So the operator couldn't have asked an unbiased description?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
yeah you do have a point, i noticed that alot of cops are like that too, i got pulled over once just because my friend who was black was with me, he asked to search the car, and knowing that i had nothing ....i said "go right ahead" when nothing was found i asked why he pulled me over and the cop said "you just looked suspicious"

1 - 20 of 45 Posts