Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else really feel the heat from the Fizzer? Its about 100F here in Ontario and WOW it's almost unbearable driving the FZ during the day. Of course, being a redhead does not help, eh?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Its that hot here in Missouri, and I have to ride 2.5 miles on dirt at 15 miles an hour just to get to the road. I just hope it cools off soon.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
It's a bit hot but I've been OK even on those 40C days with humidex... sweaty but fine.

I wear an Alpinestars Airflo mesh jacket with the liner removed and use a Shoei RF-900 helmet with pretty good venting.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's been 100 the past two months. Only one day was it below 80*. It could also be that I live in Dallas.

Sorry to hear that it is that hot in Ontario, that's not normal. Don't die!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its been that hot all summer here. Many power outages because of many AC's running. I feel so sorry for all the construction workers and farmhands working in this heat.

Can't wait for fall riding! Right now I do most of my riding at night, but then you have to watch out for furry critters and Bambi!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
i commute to work(most days mass transit, however some i ride all the way in) and last wednesday my intake temp told me it was 101 when i was downtown. once i got on the highway to leave i figured it would cool down with the breeze, i was wrong. the highway has freshly laid asphalt, which is a deep black and hot as hell. i was going 80mph and i was still roasting.
some days, really deep inside, i want to ride with shorts, tshirt and a non-DOT approved skull cap, just to feel the wind rush up my shorts. but then i think of my skin, and realize that i want to keep it.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My intake temp said 104 today, yikes. The FZ is NOT the bike to wear shorts on. First of all the motor is hot, very hot and you can feel the heat on your skin. Even wearing capri jeans, the engine blasts heat at your shins. Plus when parking the bike, it is very easy to touch your knee to the right engine cover.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Agreed. I've found that above 95, even speed doesn't cool me off. Summer gear has meant that I feel the exaust and engine heat much more, even though I'm cooler overall. I've installed a cup holder (!!!) so that I can douse myself with water while riding. Mesh gear means I can actually get the water where it's needed. I also soak my helmet liner.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Yeah. Once it gets to a certain point, it's just like sitting in front of a hair dryer. Nothing but hot air. There's nothing cooling about it!

They're talking 95 today...ICK!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
klouseau said:
Anyone else really feel the heat from the Fizzer? Its about 100F here in Ontario and WOW it's almost unbearable driving the FZ during the day. Of course, being a redhead does not help, eh?
Like riding in a sauna around here too.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
They're talking record temps here today. Bite me. I want to move to coastal Alaska, not LA!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Was out all day putting the decals on the city buses today and yesterday. It is hotter than hell down here in Alabama.

·
Registered
104 Posts
klouseau said:
I feel so sorry for all the construction workers and farmhands working in this heat.
We're building a house and the framers have resorted to working only at night. Can't say I blame them.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
:lol I have a 30 minute ride to work everyday and always wear full gear. Other day my intake temp reading was 107. It really doesn't bother me. Guess I'm just used to the heat! But I do feel like I'm FREEZING when I'm riding in the dead of winter and it's a frigid 50 degrees!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FAZR: Yes I am female :) And thanks for the cool compliment (quite ironic considering the topic..hehe). I have been driving bikes for 22 years (Started when I was 17) and taught my husband to ride about 5-6 years ago. I even bought him his BMW for him :)

I wear a Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket and jeans. Just cannot bear wearing ballistic pants in 100 degree weather. I tried capri jeans (end mid calf) and the heat from the engine was just too much.

Today was 93 degrees with 89% humidity factor. I don't think we have had 10 days this summer under 90 degrees. It's been absolutely unbearable! Good thing we have a pool!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey it looks like I have your fender eliminator FAZR6! Just a point, the holes for Ontario License plates do not line up with the pre-drilled holes. Otherwise top notch product!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
My Ontario plate lined up fine with FAZR6's wider kit. Looks great, and hasn't fallen off yet.

I keep forgetting to take pictures for you, I'll do that this weekend if I get a chance after a washing, that is.

For now, here is a bad view of pretty much everything but the FE kit. :)

I have yet to show off the new two brothers pipes, too... more excuse to take new pics I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmm mine won't line up...weird. I have had this plate for quite a few years, so perhaps the specs have changed.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very very nice! I really like the lower cowling. Hey you're just an hour drive from me.

Fazer, I owe you an apology...I just clicked the link for your FE and I see you offer two sizes: IMPORTANT NOTE:I offer two versions of this kit to handle a range of sizes for number plates. There is a 7" version for plates that are between 7" and 7 1/2" wide, and an 8" version for sizes between 8" and 8 1/2" wide. Select the size at checkout. Failure to do so will delay the processing of your order.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts