Sport Bikes banner
181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Used to be a lot of great connections/rides created here.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
No kidding. This place is dead. I remember when the Fz6 forum was the hottest place here... Besides the cubby hole. This is the first time I've looked at this site in like 10 years!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure if I count as Old school, but I'm still alive. Also, whatever happened to the gnome that was supposed to be traveling around?
Anthony, you around? I Pm'd you.
I work in Hartland WI.
LIve in Franklin.
I ride the twisties a LOT during the season around those parts!

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,896 Posts
Damn, this used to be THE forum... Now not even spammers care about it.

·
Are we not men?
9,021 Posts
Isn't that the truth! How you been? Was thinking about you a while back, a buddy and I were at Big Bend National Park in April.

I pop in every few weeks and it often seems most of the action is in P&R.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,896 Posts
Doing fine, still riding, although I don't have a sportbike at the time, only a Versys 650 and a Speed Twin. I've also moved to Portugal, so it will be quite a while before I can get to ride the dragon again :( However, it's 2/3rd of the distance to the Nurburgring than what it was to ride from Mexico to Deals Gap :D

·
Are we not men?
9,021 Posts
Portugal must be a nice change.

I no longer have my F4i, now I'm riding an MT-09. That and my 400 Bandit ('92), which is sooo much fun without getting into stupid speeds.

The '09 is my everyday bike, I have it set up with hard bags and can do some light touring when I have time...retirement is coming rather quickly and hopefully I will still have some good years.

Reactions: Süsser Tod

·
The cake is a lie
10,154 Posts
Yep... I get all nostalgic and sad when I remember and reminisce over SBN.

I've still got my 2012 Streetfighter 848; I use it for commuting but not much else, these days. Went back to school while working full time to do my Masters a handful of years back, got married, bought a house, have a 2yo girl anddaughter #2 along the way... just no time! Miss all the clowns here, friends I made and met, and all the fun I had associated with SBN. Got to meet a bunch of lovely people in Florida when I went there for a trip, and met others through the Gnome Across America shtick! I still have the sticker from that on my water bottle.

If you guys ever make it up to Ottawa, Canada... give me a heads up!

181 - 199 of 199 Posts