Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a '91 (I think) GSXR750. He had the whole bike apart doing a lot of cosmetic stuff to it, but also at the same time he put on a whole new aftermarket ignition system, which I think is make by Dyno or Dyno jet (something like that). Well after he got everything put back together, he can't get the bike to stop blowing the ignition fuse. It may go 10 miles, or a block, but the fuse to the igniton keeps burning up.

He sent the ignition system back, and I guess they actually found a bad resistor or something in it, but when he put it back on, it still burns up the fuses. Anyone know what the deal might be???

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Check and make sure you have the correct type of coil
Should have 3 ohm or maybe 5 ohm coils I find that sometimes
people make mistakes and get CDI coils which will not work

·
Banned
245 Posts
what SQ said

plus, make sure he wired the ignition correctly to the coils. Theres one hot, and the two are ground on the coil side. And usually another ground which goes to the battery negative.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That would be Dynatek
as mentioned: check the Ohms.
Also check that the coils, leads and electricals are not touching the frame in any part. Sometimes the coil installation (dynatek) need to be altered and maybe lifted so that the electrical components will not touch the frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts