Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
old man on hyabusa

last night i went to logans and it was bike night . we were all just hanging out chillin and there was this really sweet hyabusa sitting there. I was thinking that is a nice bike and i looked up at the driver and holy shit he was an old man i mean old. I found out he was like 71 he was sooooo cute with his leathers and hit cute helmet and he was out. It was nice to see a old man like that enjoying life i hope when i am 71 i will be ou ton bikes that. this man was straight up pimpin. it was awesome.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Old guys on/in powerful vehicles are hilarious. My 84 yr old grandpa still rocks his 04 vette hard as hell. It's no 'busa, but I can imagine your surprise. I bet he gets more looks than most, and then ppl's jaws drop like yours did when they see how old he is.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Haha, I know exactly what you mean. My grandpa is 60 and last year he bought himself a Daytona 600. He gets a kick out of racing past me while I am putting along on my VFR.

·
Registered
926 Posts
there's an old dude around here that rides a zx-10r. easily in his 60's. he still talks shit to/about the idiots that go into my buddys shop.
some kid came in and got talked down to the r6 from the r1. when the kid tries to take off, he rev's the engine to like 3-4 grand and starts slipping the clutch. took him like 30 seconds to get to the 'friction zone' and then just popped it and it stalled, then he dropped it. almost exactly like that quick ducati clip. the old dude was like "good fuckin move son. i think you're ready for the r1 now" :lao

btw, its 'hayabusa' :)

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
i wouldnt ride with anyone past 60+ years. but to all keep it up

·
Registered
531 Posts
We have tons of old guys (60-71 years old) here in Dallas riding brand new liter bikes and busa's... There choice is 2005 GSXR 1000's. There cool guys, but holy shit they ride crazier than the 20 year old stunters...

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Where's Smitty at? He's 74 and rides a sportbike. A member of the site.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I got passed by a Porsche GT3 on the highway at like 120, when I caught up to him he had to be like atleast 70. :cool:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
dreamy333 said:
last night i went to logans and it was bike night . we were all just hanging out chillin and there was this really sweet hyabusa sitting there. I was thinking that is a nice bike and i looked up at the driver and holy shit he was an old man i mean old. I found out he was like 71 he was sooooo cute with his leathers and hit cute helmet and he was out. It was nice to see a old man like that enjoying life i hope when i am 71 i will be ou ton bikes that. this man was straight up pimpin. it was awesome.
thats awesome! :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I say GOOD FOR HIM!! Live fast... and die OLD right?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think old people know what's inevitable is coming, so they try to live it to the fullest. I certainly hope to ride when I'm 70. But, we'll see.

Well, I already got a 'Busa, now let's just wait a few years. :banana

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
dreamy333 said:
I found out he was like 71 he was sooooo cute with his leathers and hit cute helmet and he was out. this man was straight up pimpin. it was awesome.
so did you do him.... :neener

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Rascus said:
Where's Smitty at? He's 74 and rides a sportbike. A member of the site.
He rocks a 954, a 929 and a YZF6! And he's not old!

I'll be dragging my bony knees when I'm 99+
Well, that's the plan...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Besides when your really old you can talk your way out of tickets. Just tell the cop.."can't you see im dying" -Nick Shwartson(comedian) :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
My father-in law is 67 and rides the shit out of his bandit 1200. He rode to deals gap and a bunch of other places down south last summer and came back with two worn out tires (no chicken strips :2eek ). When we're riding around here he's pretty hard to keep up with.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Shit, I think I have my dad convinced to get one. We went for a ride up through the twisties saturday and I just kinda left him in the dust. He rides a Harley. Anywho, when we met up again, he said he wants to get a sportbike for those roads. So, we went and looked at busas, r1's, gixxers, and everything else for that matter. He liked the busa the best. He kept sitting on it and then getting off of it, then back on, back off, etc. Oh, he's 48 by the way. I hope he gets it

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
That's good stuff. I hope I'm still riding at that age.

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
adamf2 said:
Oh, he's 48 by the way. I hope he gets it
I'll be 49 in Sept. Just got my 05 Busa 3 weeks ago. This bike kicks ass in everyway. You can also throw the handling myths out the window. The bike gets it through the twisties very well! Power? Damn! Gotta love it!

I also own an 02 TL1000R. The TL is a grin a minute and puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. It's a beast in it's own right!

The only problem I have is dealing with the assholes my age that tell me I should have bought a REAL BIKE! Ha!!!! And what would that be? A real heavy one or a real slow one? :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
262 Posts
Got_1 said:
i wouldnt ride with anyone past 60+ years. but to all keep it up

are u serious? i'm curious as to why not?

i think it's fuckin A cool....i'd like to think that my dad'll still be riding 'round on his bike well into his 60's!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts