Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in Liberty... this is the road Michellle biffed on, and me and Kazlab road it today.

This damn road is freaking awesome ppl. Lots of S curves. Little more traffice than my liking, but still worth riding it. This is by far the best curvy rd I've seen yet. We've got to get another ride together and make a trip there.

btw Michele, we whooped up on it for you... not gonna let it beat up one of our group and get away with it. :D

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
The way Mike is talkin about it..im in...

Outta town this weekend, but sounds like it may be worth a sick day to roll on ;)

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Thanks for taking the day off Tragik, that road was the tightest curves I have been on yet. And we kicked it's ass.
However,My bike has been down numerous times between three owners and taking it up to speed on this road proved to me what I've thought all along. I may have a bent frame. During normal riding or medium twistys it acts a little flaky but today when I was wringing it out it was real noticeable. I even did something I have never done before. I gave the keys to Tragik and told him to take it out and tell me what he thought. He came back and agreed something is bad on it. So now I have to ponder getting a new bike if I am going to ride at that level. I have really tightened up my riding skills and the bike is no longer keeping up with me. I'm sad :eek:
Also what was a bald rear tire is now showing thread, so no more riding this week til I get a new one.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, something is definately fooked up on Kazlab's bike. While riding in a straight line, my ride hand is in FRONT of my left slightly. The bike is just not straight. Never really felt planted in the curves either. Not just a suspension problem.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
TRaGiK said:
Yeah, something is definately fooked up on Kazlab's bike. While riding in a straight line, my ride hand is in FRONT of my left slightly. The bike is just not straight. Never really felt planted in the curves either. Not just a suspension problem.
Since I got the bike I have replaced the Forks with a set off a race bike, progressive springs. New front Axle, new top triple, new risers, new handlebars, new brake rotor.
I never did replace the lower triple so it could be that, a bent head or a bent frame. I'm just ready to get a newer 600. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
TRaGiK said:
btw Michele, we whooped up on it for you... not gonna let it beat up one of our group and get away with it. :D
pay backs are a mutherfucker, huh? glad ya'll had a good safe ride...

·
Registered
262 Posts
must be nice....bitches :neener

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
There she is...!!!!
Dammit Nate, I wish you could come out and ride brotha...
How much you wanting??? I would feel guilty taking your bike man.

·
Registered
554 Posts
kazlab67 said:
There she is...!!!!
Dammit Nate, I wish you could come out and ride brotha...
How much you wanting??? I would feel guilty taking your bike man.
Don't feel guilty bro... I haven't rode her for a while... I don't have the money to get her running either.... she's just sitting her.......

Come by sometime and we'll work something out bro...

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
when is your next day off Nate where I can come by. I want to anyway just to see you and the house. And I still have these DVDs sitting right here beside me. :)

I know the money thing, comes with the house and this crapped out economy. My raises this year allowed me to buy two extra dinners a month, if I get the Blue plate special. And the only bonus I'll get this year is they aren't laying me off.
I showed the wife the bike and cried to her but she scoffed at me...told me I have to get another job for X amount of dollars to even consider it...but I am working on that so who knows. PM me or something with a good time to get out there and I will come see you brotha.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have weekends off.... and get home from work around 2:30...(except tomorrow)... let me know what's up..

·
Registered
262 Posts
mIchELe said:
must be nice....bitches :neener
for the record, i didn't post this....robt hijacked my screen name!! (use your own acct, fucker :bitchslap )

although i second this comment.... :)

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Yep, that is a great road. Traffic does suck though and there is a cop that lives on that road. Still it's a nice break from time to time. Makes me homesick. I rode that strip quite often.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
heheh....saw the cops house (cop car was out front)....

buzzed by it at about 100ish....4 times so far. :D

where in nc was you from?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts