Sport Bikes banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Tell me about this Talamina... Also, if anyone's looking on going on any rides soon, be sure to pm me. I can bring a couple of guys too. I'm located in Norman.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I live about a 30 minute ride from Talimena drive. Its a great road with lots of open sweepers, and plenty of 15-20mph corners. gotta be careful though sometimes theres a dick of a park ranger somewhere hiding.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
where do you usually ride twocolor? i'm in s okc, always lookin for someone to ride with
Well, right now I commute from Mustang to Norman, but next week I'll be moving into a new apartment in Norman, so I'll be staying around there. I think the nicest roads I've been to in Oklahoma are just around Stanley Draper lake, so I'd love to find some better roads.

But it sounds like I'm pretty close to you! I'd love to find some more people to ride with, as most of the guys at my work have just started riding this summer, and most of them don't really ride that often.

EDIT: Also, where is this Talimena drive? I looked for it on google maps and it didn't pull up any good results.
EDIT#2: WHOA! Found it! That looks so bad ass! I wish I lived close to something like that...

Darn... It's 4 hours away though... All the Oklahoma members should get together one day and have a two day drive or something!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I want to make a trip to thunder valley. but all the guys i ride with don't get off till midnight on fridays. It will be about 3 weeks till i can go anyways. this friday is my bachlor party. the next is the wedding, and the next is the honeymoon :boink, but if everyone wants to get together on june 20th and make a meet out of it. and do some drag racing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
anybody up for riding tonight?? Post or call Eric 405 618 4541

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
^ sorry man, can't go today. Next time you're looking for someone to ride with, though, be sure to plan it a day or two in advance and I'll try to go.

I want to make a trip to thunder valley. but all the guys i ride with don't get off till midnight on fridays. It will be about 3 weeks till i can go anyways. this friday is my bachlor party. the next is the wedding, and the next is the honeymoon :boink, but if everyone wants to get together on june 20th and make a meet out of it. and do some drag racing.
Oh geez. You just had to pick June 20th, didn't you. Venetian Snares is playing in Austin, Tx that day... I would love to go still, though. If I end up staying in Ok, then I'd love to go. I'll bring some of my cager friends down too, and hopefully some of them will have a go on the strip.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
what going on guys new to the treads i was just wondering where some rides will be taking place.... im.
Hey, you're in the same city I am! I just moved into Campus Lodge less than a week ago. We should get together and ride sometime. I work from Monday to Thursday, so Friday through Sunday is open for me. (unless it's after 5pm) Wanna go riding sometime soon?

·
Registered
13 Posts
ride

Hey, you're in the same city I am! I just moved into Campus Lodge less than a week ago. We should get together and ride sometime. I work from Monday to Thursday, so Friday through Sunday is open for me. (unless it's after 5pm) Wanna go riding sometime soon?
yea i live in Norman/moore area. work weird shifts but will be having fridays and saturdays off so yea let me know if you wanna ride.:cheers:cheershttp://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/images/smilies/herestoya.gif

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Ah, darn. Well, do you want to ride tomorrow after I get off work at 5pm? Like, maybe close to 6pm? Also, do you know of any good roads close by? The best one I know of so far is around Stanley Draper Lake. (You can't go fast all the time, though, because there are three cops that patrol the road) It's a really nice ride, though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea, Draper is a pretty nice ride, besides the cop station. but doesn't look like ill be riding for a couple of days. Just got a letter from state farm today showing me what i will need to pay them, And my rate went from 54.00 a month to over 3000.00 every six months with no tickets or accidents. Hopefully i can get that figured out.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Oh geez. Sorry to hear about that. I'll probably be going down after work tomorrow anyways. Good luck with that insurance. Maybe once you get it all figured out we can go riding or something.

So anyone else want to go down to Stanley Draper around 6:30pm? Any Takers?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
man you had to pick a night that i work., i could do it wed at 6:30 but not tomorrow. i have to be at work by 4.
I can do it Wednesday instead if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
6:00pm? were we goin and were we meeting? who all s going?
I was thinking of just riding around Stanley Draper Lake. It's a nice, scenic, almost twisty route. Or do you want to go somewhere else instead?

It doesn't matter where we meet, but do you think it could be closer to 6:15 or 6:30 instead?

I don't know if anyone else is going to go, but I'll ask around at work today and see if any one that rides would like to go.

EDIT: It's not a super long ride, maybe a little more than 30min both ways, so if you have any other ideas then let me know.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Holy crap is it windy

41 - 60 of 84 Posts