Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I just took a bike out of storage that hasn't been used since last season. There's gas in it, and the battery *seems* fine. It's cranking but not turning over/starting.

Ideas?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind :) Seems like the new fuel just needed time to settle. When I got home and tried it again, it started... stalled a whole bunch of times, but each time got gradually stronger until I was able to ride it around and it was perfect.

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
uh, if you stored it for 1 year with gas in it, there's a good chance the gas got old and clogged up the carbs. You should look at some carb cleaning if the throttle is sticky or something.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Run some good gas and a carb/injector cleaner in it. If it was empty then you could have got some gunk stuck in the fuel filter from running it dry. It also takes a few minets for the gas to travel through the fuel line.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gah, stores w/carb cleaner are closed already. How exactly does one get the spark plugs out anyway... the manual isn't very helpful. I was fooling around with them, didn't want to screw anything up though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's gotta be a clogged fuel line... it runs, but very weakly - either the choke has to be partway in, or if no choke then I have to give it gas, otherwise it just stalls.

So... what can I do about a clogged fuel line?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hope that you got your bike fixed but it does sound like your Carbs need to be cleaned. I had the exact sme thing happen to me , after they were cleaned she rode like a champ :banana

1 - 10 of 10 Posts