Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the temp is like 93 deg or so. I seen a few bikes out with gear on. One guy had jeans black leather jacket, black gloves, and full helmet. He had to be roasting. I couldn't stand all that gear on at these temps. I would be sweating cruising down the highway at 75, with just a tshirt, shorts, and helmet.
Do all of you wear gear at warm temps?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't always wear it when it's hot if I'm just heading to work (10-12 minute ride). If I'm out really riding though, I wear it no matter how hot it is. I guess it depends on the destination if its that hot.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yep, I wear my helmet, leather jacket, full-gauntlet gloves, boots and jeans. The jacket is the Astar Ice so the white helps alot compared to a black leather jacket. I don't mind the heat, granted it hasnt gotten to hot yet down here, highest I think is low nineties and that was just one day or so. It will heat up soon though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
IMO, if it's too hot to wear gear it's too hot to ride. But I usually just ride anyway in full gear and sweat my ass off. :)

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
If I'm just running around town or on my lunch break at work, no. But if I plan on heading out on a longer ride, hell yeah. Shit, on Tuesday it was right around 90 here and I was sportin the full black one-piece suit, helmet, gloves, and boots. Yes I was sweating my balls off, but that's a small price to pay if I were to go down.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I always wear my gear, no matter what. When I was younger, I went down without gear doing only about 25 in the dirt and mangled my knee up. I don't want that to happen again, so I always wear gear now.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I wear a helmet, jacket, gloves and boots anywhere I go now. I used to be the kid that wore shorts and a t-shirt but my ways have changed. Although, a few weeks ago, I was at work and my dad brought my bike up to me and traded it for my car. I only had a t-shirt and shorts on (of course a helmet) and I felt so naked. It felt good though.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
dude i live in az where its like 110 and i wear my black jacket, black gloves, and helmet. you get used to it in about a week. even if i only go 2 miles i will still throw everything on. id rather sweat than get rash, thats pretty much all it boils down to.

·
Registered
198 Posts
In 90+ heat & 99% humidity, I wear my jacket ,gloves, helmet boots and pants. I just dont feel safe without it no matter how hot and humid it is. If its too hot I just wont ride.

·
Registered
416 Posts
fengler said:
dude i live in az where its like 110 and i wear my black jacket, black gloves, and helmet. you get used to it in about a week. even if i only go 2 miles i will still throw everything on. id rather sweat than get rash, thats pretty much all it boils down to.

same here, i think hot concrete would hurt worse, plus it is actually cooler to wear to gear cause it keeps the insanely hot air off your skin

this is the only place i have ever been were it is cooler to ride visor down, cause your eyes burn when it is up

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
haaaha yep. i always think to myself if i have a get off what would it feel like to be laying on the 130+ black asphault *shudders*

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
GEAR ALWAYS, REGARDLESS of temp...

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
LOL Storm Hawk not that hot yet? Its hot as balls.... Its only 93 but humidty is like at 98% many days... I swear one day I saw the weather guy say its going to feel like 101 sometime last week... Its soooo bad..... ugh.. dry heat not so bad bu the invisible wall of ick sucks way worse..... At night though its pretty nice, got to love the ocean breeze....

·
Registered
968 Posts
Always when I ride. Full gear from head to toe. Mesh gear may not be the best but at least it's something in warmer temps.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
It's always hot here. Usually in the mid to high 90's w/humidity around 80-90% on most days. I still wear my helmet, jacket, gloves, boots and at least jeans, no reason to compromise my safety.

·
Registered
457 Posts
ATGATT, with one exception. Once I'm already at work, I will run around on base with just BDU pants instead of grabbing my Gerickes.

Saw the scariest cruiser chick today.

Flipflops, capri length jeans, 3/4 helmet and thin baby-doll t-shirt that wasn't quite long enough to cover her ...

bare-skinned 8-month pregnant stomach!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts