Sport Bikes banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah so Im a little late on the reply, but not much going on in this kentucky section.

Theres this road RIGHT off I-65 at the Jefferson county Bullitt county line that is like a mini Deals Gap, its great.....but what sucks is its near me, and far away from BG and Lex.

When riding season comes back in (it better hurry), I'll try to post on here and see whos going for rides and post rides me and my buddies are going on.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Austin, welcome aboard.....yeah this forum is pretty dead, even worse now that it's winter.

I'd like to get a bunch of us Kentucky riders together this spring or summer so stay tuned........

Frank

·
Registered
486 Posts
I would ride with you folks when it gets warm but I'm just a newb and just got my first bike a 500R so I probably wouldn't be able to keep up hehe, but my dad was saying something about a bike night in summerset that goes on everyweek during the summer so I'll probably ride down from lex to check that out. but for now I'll stay around lex and learn how to ride lol, and hope that I'm ready for the road trips by this summer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
nomav6 said:
I would ride with you folks when it gets warm but I'm just a newb and just got my first bike a 500R so I probably wouldn't be able to keep up hehe,
usually not a problem with I go riding.......I have way too many tickets and have to try to slow down.
I actually enjoy riding with my slower buddies because if I let them lead, I stay out of trouble.
Plus if you hit the twisties you dont have to be going super fast to have fun.

Even though Im pretty new to the board too, welcome!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Keeping up is not a problem, ever!! no one here will judge you at all for your riding abilities. Take it from a gal who got the "oh great we have to wait for her" and to the boys amazment, when they turned around, I was on their asses... :lol We wait for every one to catch up with NO complaints! ever.. we're out to have fun. If you're more then 5 mins behind, someone from our group will go back to see where your at and if you are o.k. Even tho I am far from ya, I'd still love to met up and ride. Actually, with all Kentuckians....

the more you ride, you'll come to find out that this state was created by God, who, I know, has a sportbike! :D Ky is nothing but twisties and switchback galore!!

We all need to hook up some time, plan out rides and such. I have roads over by me that'll make ya orgasm just from sight alone. (1117 in Barron Co. and 626 in Warren Co . :drool!!) those roads alone, just thinking about um, get me all hot and bothered... hahahah!!...

Come Feb. I was thinking about setting up a ride for all of us Ky ppl in late April or May. Maybe a 2 day outting. Map it out and stay at a motel some place... :D whatcha think?!?!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Come Feb. I was thinking about setting up a ride for all of us Ky ppl in late April or May. Maybe a 2 day outting. Map it out and stay at a motel some place... whatcha think?!?!
Sounds like a great idea, JB!!! I think there are some nice roads out there by the Land Between the Lakes area too......

·
POP
490 Posts
frank5079 said:
Sounds like a great idea, JB!!! I think there are some nice roads out there by the Land Between the Lakes area too......

You are correct sir!! We do have a few roads worth riding here in western Kentucky. Probably some of the better ones are in Trigg, Lyon, and Livingston counties. The north end and south end of the Trace (runs parallel to Lakes Kentucky and Barkley) in LBL is pretty good but the middle part is fairly straight.

·
Registered
486 Posts
well it was a great day to ride today and even though I only had 20 miles under my belt I felt like taking a road trip so I just got over it and went, (wasn't really a road trip, but for a newb like me it works :) ) anyway it was only about 30 minutes one way, was only able to get the bike up to about 65 because of it still being in the break in period but it was a great ride, just road down 60 from lexington to winchester and then back, almost a prefect day but when I got home a friend called me to tell me that one of our friends was hit in mt. sterling, some that they kinda know pulled out in front of him, totaled his bike (2004 ninja 636) but he seems to be ok other then some minor things so he was lucky for that, anyway thought I would share the events what went on with me today with the kentucky folks.

Oh, I'll deff. be down for riding with you all, but you might need to help me along the way hehe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah Im in for some of those rides.

LBL might be kinda far, since you have riders coming from Lexuington, Lousiville, and Frankfort.
Thats already 5 hours away from Louisville ( i believe).

spring needs to hurry up.
im going crazy not being able to ride.

·
Registered
149 Posts
frank5079 said:
jb.....I'm in Lexington, KY......every once in a while I've ridden up to Marion, IL, where I have family there. It's about a 5 1/2 hour ride taking the BG Pkwy, WK Pkwy, then hitting I-24 west to I-57.

My brother and I did ride to Deal's Gap about three weeks ago and that was really nice. I'm trying to get my brother and best friend to go and spend a weekend again out there....BTW, where in Bowling Green are ya??

Anyways, shoot me an email and let's hook up. I'd love to ride with ya!!!

Frank
Frank, I'm in Williamson CO. ... next time you are up this way, message me
Jim

·
Registered
149 Posts
I started life in OWB and get back that way often ... family farm is across the river and there are some nice roads over that way as well ... Owensboro might be a good spot to meet in the middle some time this summer. They have a BBQ fest in May that is always a good time.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Will do, Jim; my brother and I are planning on a cross country roadtrip this summer. We plan to take three weeks, ride out to California by covering about 500 miles a day, and hitting military lodging along the way......

Frank

21 - 34 of 34 Posts