Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We Kentuckians HAVE to get together and ride God's country. There is nothing but twisties galore in this state and tons of places to stop and look at the scenery in between rides.

If any one wants to get together and do and nice early morning ride, start out @ about 6ish, hit someplace for breakfast about 8ish, then off for more fun, ride till about 11 and get some lunch..

Let me know, I'm dying to get out and see this state. I've only been here 7 months and truthfully, I havent seen 98% of it yet....

japbike

north central Tennessee also welcome...... :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'll ride up and meet you, but only if I get to save a virgin while I am there.
:bananafu:

:)

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i know what's up...you just want to head over to deal's gap :)

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Girl if I was up there...we would be riding a lot!!!! Get your azz to Jennings in August..seriously!!!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
jb.....I'm in Lexington, KY......every once in a while I've ridden up to Marion, IL, where I have family there. It's about a 5 1/2 hour ride taking the BG Pkwy, WK Pkwy, then hitting I-24 west to I-57.

My brother and I did ride to Deal's Gap about three weeks ago and that was really nice. I'm trying to get my brother and best friend to go and spend a weekend again out there....BTW, where in Bowling Green are ya??

Anyways, shoot me an email and let's hook up. I'd love to ride with ya!!!

Frank

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thoth said:
I'll ride up and meet you, but only if I get to save a virgin while I am there.
:bananafu:

:)

WOOHOO, save me! save me!!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
silent_R1 said:
i know what's up...you just want to head over to deal's gap :)

WELL YEA!!!! go during the week when there's less traffic and I can camp out! Weeeeeeeeeeee!!! Oh man I wanna go SO bad!!!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
frank5079 said:
jb.....I'm in Lexington, KY......every once in a while I've ridden up to Marion, IL, where I have family there. It's about a 5 1/2 hour ride taking the BG Pkwy, WK Pkwy, then hitting I-24 west to I-57.

My brother and I did ride to Deal's Gap about three weeks ago and that was really nice. I'm trying to get my brother and best friend to go and spend a weekend again out there....BTW, where in Bowling Green are ya??

Anyways, shoot me an email and let's hook up. I'd love to ride with ya!!!

Frank

sent ya an email!!!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RSixxygrl said:
Girl if I was up there...we would be riding a lot!!!! Get your azz to Jennings in August..seriously!!!!!

I'm gona try as hard as I can. I've never done a track day. I've always been the one that takes the pics.. :D I'm still planning on it tho! :D weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

·
POP
490 Posts
Is there any good roads out that direction?? If their is I might have to head that direction. Do some riding and visit the Corvette plant. The one toy I haven't been able to afford yet :lol

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ukdej79 said:
Is there any good roads out that direction?? If their is I might have to head that direction. Do some riding and visit the Corvette plant. The one toy I haven't been able to afford yet :lol

are you kidding?? hell, you can twistie through town! :lol and take the raod infront of the Vet museum. its nothing but a 1 mile twistie.... If ya come down, go out and start out on Old Scottsville RD.. there are alot just right outside of town.

2 mils from my house is a Rd called Blue Level. not bad ,not bad at all.. :)

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
japbike said:
If any one wants to get together and do and nice early morning ride, start out @ about 6ish, hit someplace for breakfast about 8ish, then off for more fun, ride till about 11 and get some lunch.
I'm not a Kentuckian but if I were I'd have to say, "6-freakin'-AM?!? Are you mad?!?!" I wouldn't even be aware of what the day looks like at that hour!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
japbike said:
We Kentuckians HAVE to get together and ride God's country. There is nothing but twisties galore in this state and tons of places to stop and look at the scenery in between rides.

If any one wants to get together and do and nice early morning ride, start out @ about 6ish, hit someplace for breakfast about 8ish, then off for more fun, ride till about 11 and get some lunch..

Let me know, I'm dying to get out and see this state. I've only been here 7 months and truthfully, I havent seen 98% of it yet....

japbike

north central Tennessee also welcome...... :)
Ther aren`t any twisties around BG. Most peeps there dont know the diff between a sportbike and a moped.LOL
What are you doing in BG?
I`ve got a lot of really good friends there,I`ll probably be up there in a few weeks might takethe bike if so we should do some ridin. :leghump

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
TheWraith said:
I'm not a Kentuckian but if I were I'd have to say, "6-freakin'-AM?!? Are you mad?!?!" I wouldn't even be aware of what the day looks like at that hour!
LOL i hear ya.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
marlboro r-1 said:
Ther aren`t any twisties around BG. Most peeps there dont know the diff between a sportbike and a moped.LOL
What are you doing in BG?
I`ve got a lot of really good friends there,I`ll probably be up there in a few weeks might takethe bike if so we should do some ridin. :leghump

I moved away from the city and all the crap the came with it. BG has a TON of twisties and :twofinger to the comment that ppl here dont know the diff between a moped and a sportbike.

Get your rear end up here! You know the roads are beautiful. I don't know where ppl get that there are NO twisties in Kentucky, thats about all I ride. Just have to know where to go...

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
marlboro r-1 said:
LOL i hear ya.

its actaually alot of fun..

ya bunch of night ppl freak me out. Like some of the guys I ride with on Sundays, we don't start out till 1 p.m. and by that time its so damn hot it makes the ride less fun, due to the fact that you wanna throw up from the heat.

·
Registered
359 Posts
jb, I'm thinking of taking a trip to Somerset; I've got a map from Mapquest and was wondering if you'd like to meet up, swap bike stories, maybe take some pics, and just check out the riding scene there.....what do you think???

Anyways, here's a map....

Frank

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also replied in the other thread about a KY ride. I'm stuck in Lexington most of the time, but It'd be nice to get the bike out of the city for a while. I'm still a new rider and I'm anxious to meet some other riders and pick up some tips. A couple of my friends ride, but they're stunting 95% of the time. Not my style really. Anyone can email me at [email protected] if something gets put together. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
i was just in bg. place called k&b race cars..have ya heard of it..not sure how i got there(directions) just went w/ a friend..lots of twisties...plan on riding down there soon again....

·
Registered
359 Posts
My brother and I are riding out to Grams in Marion, IL tomorrow; looking forward to the road trip and we plan on hitting a few motrcycle shops and dealerships in the St. Louis area on Saturday. This will probably be our last road trip before the winter season hits......:(

1 - 20 of 34 Posts