Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bleh. Yet another weekend of mid-teens/low-20s. Thankfully someone responded to the collective angst of us here in MN by reposting a nicely done promo vid that was shot/edited at the end of last season for one of our trackday orgs that collaborates with Ducati Minneapolis for track events at DCTC and BIR. Sad to say I missed this one.

https://vimeo.com/m/81333192

So over winter right now....

-Christian

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Looked like a good video. I'm really hoping I can actually get to the track this year. I didn't go at all last year, even after buying a brand new suit the winter before.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Looked like a good video. I'm really hoping I can actually get to the track this year. I didn't go at all last year, even after buying a brand new suit the winter before.
Not bragging, but I've already done three trackdays this year! :cheshire

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Here in NH, we're down to a tiny snow flurry once a week or so. Daytime temperatures are mostly up in the 40's. I'm declaring it Spring now. I will be getting the bike out and starting it up for riding season tomorrow, and riding to work next week.

PhilB

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Bleh. Yet another weekend of mid-teens/low-20s. Thankfully someone responded to the collective angst of us here in MN by reposting a nicely done promo vid that was shot/edited at the end of last season for one of our trackday orgs that collaborates with Ducati Minneapolis for track events at DCTC and BIR. Sad to say I missed this one.

https://vimeo.com/m/81333192

So over winter right now....

-Christian
I know you are upset, I am upset too because Ohio State blew it like Kim Kardashian. But look at it like this way. You sacrificed some good karma and riding time of your Ducati so that riders like me can find bikes to ride during the winter.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I have had a few days where I didn't need to turn on my heated gear. I ride year round, so that's the sign of spring to me. No de-winterizing.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I put 500km on the bike while it was warm, and now it's -20C again.

Fuck you, Saskatchewan. Also the chances of me hitting the track this season went from stellar, to "very fucking slim" on March 6th.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Unreal some of the weather and its almost April. First off, Canada is brutal, when Vancouver BC is your country's warm getaway it makes me wonder why rich people would want to live there given more than half the year you have to be a polar bear to enjoy the outdoors.
In Seattle its still in the 40s. Sucks.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Unreal some of the weather and its almost April. First off, Canada is brutal, when Vancouver BC is your country's warm getaway it makes me wonder why rich people would want to live there given more than half the year you have to be a polar bear to enjoy the outdoors.

In Seattle its still in the 40s. Sucks.

Don't be so dramatic. It was only in the 40's a few days. It's been 50+ a good portion of the time here, and tomorrow will be 65.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Dude, Vancouver and most of the lower mainland of BC is like a tropical paradise compared to where I live.

If insurance wasn't 5 grand a year PER BIKE, I'd probably live there. But FUCK The Peoples Republic of British Columbia and it's ridiculous ICBC corporation.

Jaxx: I hurt myself pretty good on March 6th and haven't worked since. and WCB is dicking me around. so things are mighty tight right now. "Right now" is otherwise known as the 4 weeks during spring when I woulda been putting about 600 bucks into getting the F4i ready for track duty, and doing the regular maintenance on the VFR.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Dude, Vancouver and most of the lower mainland of BC is like a tropical paradise compared to where I live.

If insurance wasn't 5 grand a year PER BIKE, I'd probably live there. But FUCK The Peoples Republic of British Columbia and it's ridiculous ICBC corporation.

Jaxx: I hurt myself pretty good on March 6th and haven't worked since. and WCB is dicking me around. so things are mighty tight right now. "Right now" is otherwise known as the 4 weeks during spring when I woulda been putting about 600 bucks into getting the F4i ready for track duty, and doing the regular maintenance on the VFR.
Have you looked at the housing market in BC? I think insurance would be the least of your concerns if you were to move there.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I just lawl at anything in BC. a ticketed carpenter makes 65-75,000 a year, if he is lucky. and a house costs a million bucks.

what a joke.

·
Registered
538 Posts
You don't buy a house in Vancouver , you inherit or bring the money over from China, Korea, India in bags and pay cash.

Its a beautiful city in scenery just soooo crowded, no freeways to get from one end to another. Stoplight to Stoplight roads everyday. Its a fishbowl, high stress city.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Getting pretty excited here in Buffalo. Forecast calling for mid 40s and even a touch in the 50s next weekend. Can't wait to get out there. Only been out on a bike once or twice so far...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts