Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my rr to upgrade. i really want another cbr and get a 954rr. but kawi is pullin me tward that zx9.

which will it be? and try to stay clear of the squid jokes.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you know what, i think that same thing all the time. but yet i find myself asking the same thing. oh shit, is that a bad thing??

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
too late i found what i want. sorry but cbr wins again, this is gorgeous bike. a little pricey but i think i can manage that. hopefully it will last so i can come up with the money. mean while here it is, check it out...

Honda CBR 954 RR 2002 this is pure sex!!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I dont know if you'll like that bike. It's old tech, top heavy with that huge gas tank, and is thus kind of a pig in the handling department. has carbs, which have their appeal when tuned well by someone who knows what they are doing...but this is not the case most of the time. that cbr of yours is light years ahead of it technology-wise.

on the plus side, it's supremely comfortable to ride any distance, has a very strong motor, and will last pretty much forever. good at the dragstrip with some mods but dont bother taking it to a road course. recommended for fast sport touring, and long commutes, if you want something with balls to get from a to b.

good all around bike, but it depends on what kind of riding you want to do. overall, you can do better. 954's can be had for similar money and have a bit better performance in the corners, but I will say that the zx9 is the more comfortable of the two. easy to live with, but not exactly a dream bike.

·
Motorcycle Affectionado
975 Posts
I'm selling my rr to upgrade. i really want another cbr and get a 954rr. but kawi is pullin me tward that zx9.

Please don't be mad at me because this is NOT an insult. I don't think either of those bikes is an upgrade. Your CBR600RR has more technology and is a better performer. Why not wait until you have another grand saved up and get a newer literbike?

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
I dont know if you'll like that bike. It's old tech, top heavy with that huge gas tank, and is thus kind of a pig in the handling department. has carbs, which have their appeal when tuned well by someone who knows what they are doing...but this is not the case most of the time. that cbr of yours is light years ahead of it technology-wise.

on the plus side, it's supremely comfortable to ride any distance, has a very strong motor, and will last pretty much forever. good at the dragstrip with some mods but dont bother taking it to a road course. recommended for fast sport touring, and long commutes, if you want something with balls to get from a to b.
Man ... this is one of the most ignorant things I've read on this forum in days.

Yeah it may be a bit top heavy, weigh a bit, and have some sluggish handling but this is all pretty much completely neglible in concerns to track riding because it's not 100% about the bike, hell, almost any bike can be a GREAT track bike. That 954 could be just the ticket for many track racers, let's say they do alot of riding on the street and ride on the track only a couple times per year, do you think they'll want a super cramped hardcore SS just because they might save a couple seconds on the track (which usually isn't the case because I doubt even 2% of the people on this forum could ride the 954 to it's full track potential) or do you think they'll want the slightly less aggressive and more comfortable bike that still rips around a track?

I've noticed something about sportbike riders, so many of them are extremely anal and seem to worry about spec sheets more than riding.

/end rant

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Ok serious question. If you think you're ready to upgrade from a 600, have you ever done a track day? Also, how many friends do you have in your area that ride? (and I mean friends that are good).

I think there's a lot more to your 600RR than you may think there is. If you haven't done one, a trackday will open up a whole new world for you.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Man ... this is one of the most ignorant things I've read on this forum in days.

Yeah it may be a bit top heavy, weigh a bit, and have some sluggish handling but this is all pretty much completely neglible in concerns to track riding because it's not 100% about the bike, hell, almost any bike can be a GREAT track bike. That 954 could be just the ticket for many track racers, let's say they do alot of riding on the street and ride on the track only a couple times per year, do you think they'll want a super cramped hardcore SS just because they might save a couple seconds on the track (which usually isn't the case because I doubt even 2% of the people on this forum could ride the 954 to it's full track potential) or do you think they'll want the slightly less aggressive and more comfortable bike that still rips around a track?

I've noticed something about sportbike riders, so many of them are extremely anal and seem to worry about spec sheets more than riding.

/end rant
I think he was referring to the zx9r.

·
☺
879 Posts
i would rather u get a 04-06 gixxer thou, them bikes look the nicest and doesn't fare too badly in terms of tech and design.. i would prefer a VTR RC51 myself but i have no green :/

·
Registered
539 Posts

someone correct me if I'm wrong but the 600rr he has is a way better bike in terms of technology and handling then a ZX9 or the 954.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts