Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK Here is my problem Flat tire ?

I had my tire go flat again today (my other valve stem this time). It was the second time in the past two weeks. Anyway, I called everyone I know and couldn't find anyone to trailor it home or get it in a pickup like last time. I don't have AAA plus I don't think they do motorcycles. Who cares, I decided to try the fixAflat junk and then nurse the bike home. So, I put it in and it worked and the bike is now at home. I am curious as to wether or not I need to replace the tire or if I can just have the valve stem replaced since the valve stem is broken. I don't know what fixAflat does to a tire balance wise. I don't care if it adds a little weight cause I don't race and I will probably replace the tire later on. I just can't really afford a new tire unless it is absolutely necessary.
Let me know what you think

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this something that I can do? I wonder about breaking the bead. I found something that seems to work (2X4 thingy) but when you put it back on how do you set the bead? I'm off to the how to's section but we'll have to see. I'd love to do it myself.
Thanks I was hoping for that answer.

·
Registered
819 Posts
the bead will seal itself when you inflate the tyre... to make it a bit easier make up some soapy water and brush it around the bead it will help it seal...

best of luck mate...

tyre are a ar$e to change if you don't have the right tools...
if you can, take it to a shop and get them to remount mount and balance it...

·
Registered
83 Posts
2000NinjaZX6R said:
Is this something that I can do? I wonder about breaking the bead. I found something that seems to work (2X4 thingy) but when you put it back on how do you set the bead? I'm off to the how to's section but we'll have to see. I'd love to do it myself.
Thanks I was hoping for that answer.
I take it that you have access to a compressor? Leave the core out of your new stem, air it up to about 40 lbs., then replace the core, air it up again, and you're ready to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts