Sport Bikes banner

How many times have you dropped your bike?

• Never

Votes: 66 30.1%

Votes: 64 29.2%

Votes: 41 18.7%

Votes: 18 8.2%

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • 5+

Votes: 17 7.8%
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

· The chick on the Beemer!
455 Posts
2 times for me and both were with my 01 f4i that I don't have anymore. 1st time was stopping and did not realize I was on a slant. The bike and my foot leaned to the left and kept on going.

The second time was doing a real sharp u-turn and just did not have enough momentum. Felt like a real idiot as I did that right while my neighbor was watching. Played the girl card and had him help me pick it up! :D

· Registered
464 Posts
I voted for two(2) times but it was a couple of different bikes. Both of which were the same circumstances. Was parking in both cases and the kick stand magiacly dissappeared! Gave the phrase "Ohhh Shittt!!!" a whole new meaning in my book!

· Registered
787 Posts
The First Time I Had Had Several Beers And Was Not Riding My Bike But Moving It Out Of The Way And Dropped It ! Second Time I Was In My Driveway And Didnt See My Wife Had Left The Hose Out On The Drive Way And I Stopped With My Front Wheel On It As Soon As I Put My Foot Down The Bike Just Slid Out From Under Me !

· mmm mmm good...
6,920 Posts
4 total

dropped my ZX6R 3 times learning to ride...

1. parking at work, didn't counterlean on a u-turn
2. made an iladvised left hand yurn and threw her down to avoid hitting a truck
3. riding on gravel beside a RR track, smoking a cigarette and trying to drink a tea. set tea down on tank, tea fell and got lodged in the TT/Front fairing, immediately went down.

dropped R6 once

1. getting off under a bridge during the rain, slipped on oil and fell on the bike, which only leaned up against the guardrail. (only 2 weeks old)

· Registered
61 Posts
I don't remember, let me see. I must be getting old. Probably never. You mean just this year? Mom, get my calculater. More than twice less than 100. Shit occurs. But never to avoid an accident.

· insanity or genius
758 Posts
dropped once, cager cited for illegal left. 27 years on the road.

Hey guys I notice a lot of folks not participating in this thread, where is everybody.

· Registered
7,624 Posts
Dropped once in a severe wreck...Effing cage pulled out in front of me and left me no where to go! Dropped again coming into a parking space too hot and grabbed a handful of front brake in a oil spot...Hell I made a thread about that one last year....Man I am getting old....none lately...knock on wood!

· Registered
170 Posts
First time I got my bike and all knew how to do was let go of the clutch and give it some gas without trying out the breaks first and knowing how to turn properly. almost gung hoed my ass into a wall and had to bail.

· Registered
464 Posts
phufufoo said:
First time I got my bike and all knew how to do was let go of the clutch and give it some gas without trying out the breaks first and knowing how to turn properly. almost gung hoed my ass into a wall and had to bail.
:eek:nfloor :lao :eek:nfloor

That is some funny sheet there!!!

· Registered
103 Posts
I dumped my CBR900 about 6 year ago. Me and some buddies were off doing some aggressive riding and we all were too close. The guy in front of me hit his breaks in a curve and I ran off of the road to keep from hitting him. I saw a fence and started to down shift to help me slow down and went down one too many gears. I drop the clutch and the back tired locked up in the grass and that was all she wrote. All I could do was go for the ride at that point.

· Registered
26 Posts
Dropped last friday at 35mph. Hit wet leaves around a right corner and low sided. Not a scratch on me, only thing wrong with the bike was a broken turn signal and my pride. Plus my right ass cheek hurt like hell, i think i rolled a couple times on that. This site + that = me VERY firm believer in full gear at ALL times.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.