Sport Bikes banner

How many times have you dropped your bike?

• Never

Votes: 66 30.1%

Votes: 64 29.2%

Votes: 41 18.7%

Votes: 18 8.2%

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • 5+

Votes: 17 7.8%
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
One drop so far. I was practicing my braking in a parking lot, and got a little sideways just before I stopped. I managed to stay on my feet, but the bike fell over and cracked the right from turn signal. That's why my first bike is an old bike.

· Registered
590 Posts
One time with my F4. Taking it off the swingarm stand and forgot to put the kickstand down. Cracked the left side cover and scuffed my mirror and windscreen on the work bench. No other damage. Cost about $100 to fix after buying the part, gasket, and oil. Scuffs were not bad so I didn't fix them.

I dropped my F2 twice. Once parking and the kickstand wasn't all the way down.... fell on top of me. Once left it sitting beside the driveway, kickstand sunk in.

· Registered
33 Posts
After 22 years of lisenced riding: 10 I can remember

3 times in the hayfield/pasture while driving to the equipment, street tires are terrible in wet grass. Fortunately damp sod didn't even scratch the paint.

3 times on the street, 1 high side (accident avoidance), 2 lowside (wet leaves twice)

2 times in the yard while in motion, wet leaves once, soft sand once.

2 times while moving the bike turned off in neutral. Both times after drinking heavily and trying to move the bike to a more secure area. Hopefully a third time won't be required to recognize the trend with drinking and moving the bike.

Never owned a new bike, and refuse to "try" friends new or nice bikes. I'm an accident waiting to happen.

· Registered
3,760 Posts
In 2 months since i have had my own bike.......0 times

My mom has been riding for about 1 1/2 yrs...dhe dropped her 1200 once, and her heritage Softail once

My dad has been riding for 26 yrs.....dropped it once(or so he says.......I have no reason to think he is lying though so I believe him)

· Registered
56 Posts
Twice in quite a few years of riding. The first time was my 100cc enduro, somehow I managed to bump it and knock it over in my parents garage. The last time was about 2 months ago, I guess I had my head up my A** and didn't have the sidestand completely forward, at least I caught the Bandit before it did any damage.

· Registered
359 Posts
I think it means a parked or stationary drop. Having never owned a bike, It has never happened.

· at the track
3,110 Posts
holy thread dig! back from the graves

anyways, I quit counting after I ran out of fingers to count it on

· Registered
64 Posts
I dropped a friends F4i on pit road a few weeks ago at Jennings. Other than that I haven't. *knock on wood*

· Go-Cart Mozart
3,177 Posts
Hell, the thread is old as shit, but I never posted on it the first time. I have never "dropped" a bike, however I have had two high speed get offs not at the track.

1st was loose gravel turning into a small country road about 35mph and 20 years ago. Minor scratches on a GS550 Suzuki

2nd was cager inspired hit-and-run that left me with serious hardware installed in me and a totally fubar'd ride. Kawasaki 750 LTD Full gear on this one

· Registered
574 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
I once dropped my bike after the kickstand magically vanished when I went to park it. Crazy bike. Nothing other than that.
Same thing here, FZ must have a mind of her own :bitchslap

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.