Sport Bikes banner

How many times have you dropped your bike?

• Never

Votes: 66 30.1%

Votes: 64 29.2%

Votes: 41 18.7%

Votes: 18 8.2%

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • 5+

Votes: 17 7.8%
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

· Registered
912 Posts
My damn kickstand vanished once. It was weird

· Banned
1,555 Posts
Twice, both low speed stupidity. Once on delivery, when I jumped on it not knowing how to ride and....well....I kinda forgot to put a foot down quick enough at a stop sign on a back road. That sucked. The second time, I was going backwards down my friend's STEEP driveway and as I was walking backwards my left pant leg got caught up on something, I don't know WHAT!, but over the bike went to the left. I managed to hold it up and save it from any damage, and then just get up next to it and push it straight. Good thing the motor wasn't hot...I had my hand all over it. :D

· Registered
4,826 Posts
first yr I had the 96' F3, alot of gravel, put my foot in a hole at Road America at turn 7, I realized no ground, oh shit, and **whoops**, over she and I went...

· Registered
235 Posts
ok i am really clumsy so i have had a few mishaps. i dropped my bike into my fiances car one time, car=1k in damage, bike=0, for my next act i was warming my car up, fiances bike is parked in front of mine, clutch slips out and car jolts foward, foot peg punch huge hole in my bumper luckily it is where the front license plate goes so a nice vanity plate covered that right up. car=0 bike 1 point. got off balance trying to turn the bike around in the garage and it fell over and i tipped it over at a stop twice since i've had it. i was really embarrassed. anyways its been a while since she fell over but to date zero damage, i think ducs are cosmetically indestructible.

· how bout dem deadskins
3,229 Posts
it has yet to go down ;)

edit: i take that back.. was raining the previous night so when i pulled by bike out the next date i parked it in my yard and the damn kick stand dug into the grass to drop..... no scraches dont know if this counts

· Registered
558 Posts
never.. knock on wood.. almost once at a standstill(had a passenger on the back who was an idiot, and put all her wieght on one of the pass. footpegs and then continued to leap off of that peg like ms. cool), but luckily i caught it before it went down.

· Premium Member
7,394 Posts
I've had two. Once was because I didn't know that there is a film on a new tire that is extremely slippery!! And the second was when I was warming up my bike and taking a leak and it rolled off the kickstand.

· Registered
522 Posts
One, I low sided a my friends ninja 500 after i finished MSF, none since though :lol

· Registered
479 Posts
Add my name to the hat for a total of three times, once in wet grass with my dad's bike a 83 cb1000 F what a tank, twice on the old 91 VFR ,some old lady ran me off the road , car in front and rear and she decides to come into my lane honked the horn and all she never saw me ,once off the road I hit some pea gravel and BLAM through me for a loop. I had on gear so no damage to me but rashed my left side fairings pretty good :a2 . I hate to admit ........but acting squidly also caused me to drop it .....trying to show off for my sister and her friends :eek: , that was the first time and the last.

· Registered
56 Posts
RACER X said:
not really an excuse, i have short legs.......29" inseam and have ridden all kinda bikes....duc's incl.......just learned to deal w/ it......

Yeah I know thats why I said this....
mn1028 said:
...so I use that as an excuse, when really I was just not paying attention to what I was doing.
But I've gotten used to it myself and I have a bike with a low seat height, so its all good.

· Gordon
124 Posts
dropped=1

once, slowing doing u turn with sand on the road. Didn't even have to restart. Just picked the bike up, it was still running....scratched the ex.
(vfr500) :mad: :lol

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.