Sport Bikes banner

How many times have you dropped your bike?

• Never

Votes: 66 30.1%

Votes: 64 29.2%

Votes: 41 18.7%

Votes: 18 8.2%

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • 5+

Votes: 17 7.8%
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got into this conversation with this biker (25 years of riding), and he claimed that he had NEVER dropped his bike. :)

Anyhow, just curious on average how many time people would drop theirs. I believe anybody would have dropped at least once. (but then I could be wrong)

So there. :)

CS

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I once dropped my bike after the kickstand magically vanished when I went to park it. Crazy bike. Nothing other than that.

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
took me 10 years, but I dropped my TLR a little over a year and a half ago when I rounded a corner and ran into some gravel

Same crap happened to the bird last month

So it took 10 years of street riding but twice

Dirt, I've been on for 27 years and I can't say theres been a single time I've been out and didn't drop my bike somehow :lol Of course, if you don't fall or get hurt riding a dirtbike, you're either not trying hard enough, or just ain't havin no fun :headbang

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Once on the street, and 4 times at the track. The street was simply lack of experience in emergency braking, slid into the back of a car at about 5mph and the bike fell over. On the track it's been 3 minor lowsides and 1 moderate damage highside.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mine has been kicked over, dropped by friend a couple of times (he payed for it), stolen and I actually laid it down once. So the bike has been down numerous but I only dropped it once.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
does dropped=crash

or drop at standstill or ??

i call a crash a crash not a drop

dropped my bike 1x
crashed 1x

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've got a good one. Came into the carport "hot" one time, front wheel hit slick spot, right out from under me to under the boat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
RACER X - just any drop, does not have to be crashed.

I guess in your case would be 2 drops? (but the idea of crashing without dropping is REALLY scary)

·
Registered
87 Posts
One "get off" at about 15 mph when I locked up the front on some losoe asphalt.
One drop at 0 mph when my pant leg got caught on the peg while backing up.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm going to take by "dropped" you mean kind of a "doh" moment and not an "oh shit I'm going to die" crash type moment...

If so, then I've only dropped one bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Starts counting in head....

I have dropped my current bike 5 times i think. My dad and brother have dropped it 2 times(that they told me about anyways)

·
Registered
394 Posts
To avoid the risk of jinxing myself I refuse to answer the question.

<<< KNOCK WOOD >>>

·
Registered
605 Posts
I dropped 4 times so far...zx7's are fooking tanks. Everytime I let it down as soft as possible tho

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
2 lowsides from riding like a nut and 1 drop the first day I got it cause I didn't know how to u turn right.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have dropped one bike three times : my FZR, 2 out of 3 were because of the damn disc lock, third time was just out of stupidity. I'm lucky, I haven't dropped my 929 yet... *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have dropped mine 4 times. But in my defense I have short legs, so I use that as an excuse, when really I was just not paying attention to what I was doing. i.e. …. ok lets get off the bike…ahh ahh oooohhhHHHH CRAP! cant hold it up! BAM! .....ok, note to self, always put kick stand down before getting off the bike.

But I haven’t dropped it in a long time.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
mn1028 said:
I have dropped mine 4 times. But in my defense I have short legs, so I use that as an excuse, when really I was just not paying attention to what I was doing. i.e. …. ok lets get off the bike…ahh ahh oooohhhHHHH CRAP! cant hold it up! BAM! .....ok, note to self, always put kick stand down before getting off the bike.

But I haven’t dropped it in a long time.
not really an excuse, i have short legs.......29" inseam and have ridden all kinda bikes....duc's incl.......just learned to deal w/ it......

1 - 20 of 79 Posts