Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I've been using motul for several years and never had any mechanical issues so why switch. The person who got me into riding used motul and that was the reason I started using it.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
im still using suzuki synthetic oil which i believe is oem

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Currently in the bike is Mobil One MX4T 10W-40. I just ordered a case of Amsoil, so that is going in next. I switch back and forth between the two. I picked them because the numbers in all the tests point to these two as the best.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i used redline synthetic 10/40 but it is crap i would not recommend it, i had a rod bearing fail last month i will never use it in my life again ever, so after i break it in again i think im going to use Repsol synthetic 10/40 i heard good stuff about it

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I use 10W 40 Pennzoil, non energy conserving, (check ASI circle) and no additives like moly...of course I change my oil/filter every 6 weeks/2000 miles... :cheers

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
silkolene pro 4, because the guy that got me started in bikes used it.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
I'll throw in a plug for Scott's stainless steel oil filters in addition to good oil.

·
Living a dream....
155 Posts
YammyR1 said:
I'll throw in a plug for Scott's stainless steel oil filters in addition to good oil.
So you like the Scott's then? I have one on my Aprilia Futura. There has been some debate on how well it works from the Aprilia forum....

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61772

If anyone has any more info on oil filters... let me know...

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have 40,000 miles on my F4 and have used just about every moto oil there is.. Can't tell any difference in any of the brands but some of the more pricey syn's seem to look alot better when I change oil. Hope that helps..

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Current: Honda Pro GN4, 10W-40
Next Change: Honda Pro HP4 (synthetic), 10W-40

I just stick with stock stuff, just because I feel that Honda's R&D dept. prob. benchmarks their fluids and such on their own line of machines. I'm moving to synthetic next change, though... I've only heard good stuff with synthetic - basically less wear and tear on the engine, e.g. less ppm of metal in oil, smoother throttle, smoother shifting, etc.

I have a Honda extended warranty coverage, and if anything should go wrong I don't want to have Honda thumbing fingers at me because I didn't follow their rules.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Royal Purple 15w40 synthetic, because it is purple and I can get it cheap

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
YammyR1 said:
Currently in the bike is Mobil One MX4T 10W-40. I just ordered a case of Amsoil, so that is going in next. I switch back and forth between the two. I picked them because the numbers in all the tests point to these two as the best.
Man, where did you find the mobil 1 MX4T? I can't find it anywhere.

·
Registered
211 Posts
mikem317 said:
Current: Honda Pro GN4, 10W-40
Next Change: Honda Pro HP4 (synthetic), 10W-40

I am running Honda Pro GN4 10W-40 and have been since the bike is brand new and now I am thinking about going to synthetic. Have about 5500 miles on the bike and have heard it is cool to go to synthetic at 5000 and have also heard to wait until 8000 miles anybody have any feedback on this sorry to Hijack the thread :) oh anybody see any problem with going to a Repsol 10W-50 full synthetic?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts