Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
flashing a code?

Hey it wasn't my oil light after all. Evidently the red light was flashing because of a code or something. 3 long flashes followed 5 short flashes. If anyone is familiar with the cbr929, hit me back!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Uh... :3eek

The indicator is not to notify you 'it is time for an oil change' (maintenance reminder), the oil indicator signifies your oil pressure is low. In some cases this could mean your oil is low, but doubtful. Check your sensor first to eliminate the source, in addition to the simplest problem. If it is not that, it could be anything from your oil pump - bad piston rings/skirts.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Don't ride that thing anywhere untill you figure that shit out. You could ruin your engine if that light is correct.

·
Registered
765 Posts
delm23 said:
Hey it wasn't my oil light after all. Evidently the red light was flashing because of a code or something. 3 long flashes followed 5 short flashes. If anyone is familiar with the cbr929, hit me back!
Someone might "hit you back" if you would post a reply and not edit your original question. :cool:

·
Registered
765 Posts
delm23 said:
Hey Baldman,
They told me I need a new Servo motor... I'm open for suggestions...
If you removed the servo, or have screwed with it during an exhaust install (or anyone did it for you) - ensure the allen bolt on the pulley is facing straight-out (with the engine off).

If the above checks good, do you hear any whinning from the servo motor (located on the left-side, behind the rear main-frame spar) when you turn the ignition 'ON' (ignore the fuel pump engaging and listen for a distinct whine)?

Lets see what the results are from these tests. Even if the servo IS bad, there is a way around spending $200 for a new one (if you desire to save some $$$).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Baldman,
Thanks for the info but I received some better info. It was covered under Honda's warranty.

·
Registered
765 Posts
That is good news for you, IF the part is indeed bad. Glad you got out of paying for the repair, but being without a bike and having someone else screw with it is something I cannot do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts