Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my oil today and used a larger oil filter(instead of 2" I used the 3.5") Iput exactly 3 quarts like the manual says but my oil level still shows its low(while on the center stand on level ground) So should I put more oil in or keep strictly to the manual and use 3.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It would be better to read the guage with both wheels on the ground while balancing the bike. better reading. Other than that, you do have a larger filter, so you may need to add a little more oil. Just remember, check oil with cold engine, and if you need to add a little oil, do it carefully, as to not over fill. having the oild between the sight gauge marks is ok too.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bassboy said:
It would be better to read the guage with both wheels on the ground while balancing the bike. better reading. Other than that, you do have a larger filter, so you may need to add a little more oil. Just remember, check oil with cold engine, and if you need to add a little oil, do it carefully, as to not over fill. having the oild between the sight gauge marks is ok too.

thanks a bunch man. I did that and the oil is just below the top oil mark, so I don't think I am gonna put anymore in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts